ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with new stereo , speakers and sub

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi,

Have been planning to upgrade the sound in my 182 for ages as I spend a lot of time driving around and need hands free bluetooth.

I have been searching around the forums and think I am going to go for the following:

CTSRN003 Stalk Adapter for Renault Clio / Kangoo / Megane
Item Number CON-CTSRN003
£19.99 GBP1£19.99 GBP
CT27AA01 Aerial/Antenna ISO to DIN Adaptor
Item Number CON-CT27AA01
£1.99 GBP1£1.99 GBP
Alpine CDE-178BT - CD/MP3/USB with Bluetooth
Item Number ALP-CDE178BT-ALPINE-PROMO
£179.99 GBP1£179.99 GBP
Pioneer TS-Q131C - 13cm custom fit components
Item Number PIO-TSQ131C
£69.99 GBP1£69.99 GBP
Alpine SWE-1200 - Compact Underseat Sub
Item Number ALP-SWE1200
£149.99 GBP1£149.99 GBP

Yet to order:
[h=1]Alpine KTP-445A Power Pack £99[/h][h=2]Alpine SPR-50 - 13cm coaxial speakers £94[/h]

Ive never installed any car audio stuff before but am going to give it a go myself.

After reading a lot of reviews the stuff that concerns me is the Pioneer Q131c speakers, a lot of people are saying they arent that good. Im wondering if I should chuck these speakers in the rear and put the Alpine SPR-50's in the front - they seem a lot more meaty and have great reviews.

Do I need to buy any cabling to power the Alpine underseat sub do you think.

Can anyone suggest any improvements to the above set up.

cheers

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hertz HSK130

Thanks !
Couldnt find any of those for sale in the UK, they look amazing though but a tad pricey.

There is these though
[h=2]Hertz Hi-Energy HCX 130.4 http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/speakers/full-range/5-inch-coax-13cm/hertz-hi-energy-hcx-130-4 £149[/h]
or

[h=2]Hertz Energy ECX 130.5 http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/speakers/full-range/5-inch-coax-13cm/hertz-energy-ecx-130-5 £85[/h]
Ideally dont want to spend more than a £100 for front speakers.

I'd skip the KTP445 at first (really simple to add in later, unlike a conventional amp) & focus on getting the sub set up well to match the speakers. You might be more than happy without & save yourself £100. Sure a KTP will help to get more out of the speakers, but you've got to draw a line somewhere. If you do go for a KTP, fitting it behind the headunit is excruciating. Put it underneath the glove box, just to the right.

A conventional amp requires much more pulling up carpets to route cables etc through doors but the amp itself will be cheaper & better.

Depending on how much you value an extra few hundred in your bank, it might even be worthwhile trying just the underseat sub with standard speakers & Alpine head unit. You can make a massive difference just by setting things up properly.

That particular underseat sub might be a squeeze (a 190mm wide one has maybe 20mm of clearance) so be sure to check for space before routing any cables lol. Look forward to seeing if it fits though because it could well be the cheapest/only 8" that fits under a mk2 clio seat!

Also sorry to be full of gloom but the SPR 50 probably won't fit in the front without cutting the protective shield inside the door card (which protects the speaker from rain). The SPR 50 is 57mm deep and I once tried some 59mm deep speakers and they wouldn't fit without modifications/spacers. The rear door cards have way more depth though.

Don't worry about installation, it can be fiddly and small fingers are better but it's not complicated. All the plugs/cables will only fit one way round etc. If you're using standard wiring then some Renault/Vauxhall-to-spade-connector adaptors can save a lot of soldering/cutting/crimping: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item19f2da0ae8 (again not be full of doom but though a brilliant idea mine were were f****** s*** - hopefully this was just a dodgy batch etc)

EDIT: Just FYI I have an Alpine headunit, KTP445, Hertz DSK165 (6.5", used to have 13cm Pioneers) & an underseat sub so not too far off what you're looking at. Car Audio Oxford are quite nice to talk to if you want to go and see some bits before you buy & despite the whole "scene"/big build marketting stuff they do have products at sensible prices & are competitive with internet prices too.

Last edited: