ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior Leak

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Just noticed a small leak, just above where my passenger sun visor is, shown here:

IMG_0080.jpg

Wanted to know if this is an issue with this model Clio, and also how do I go about getting something like this sorted? Ive never noticed it before, but we just had a massive down pour and noticed my seat had a small wet patch. :(

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I have a leak on mine when it really rains and i go over a bump etc the water will drip throught the interior light lol

I'm getting the same, damp patch just above the a pillar where the plastic stops and it becomes the headlining. Going to pull the sunroof out soon and try re-sealing it.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
you should see mine guys, its like bum sweat massssive patch :( its disgusting, and god knows how many times i have sealed the sunroof it just keep coming

TT 225
I sealed mine 4 weeks ago and not had any more water through. I have written a guide but have yet to post it. i will do very soon.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
just wait adam, i havnt had water in for months, then all ov a sudden it leaks, to me i think its the plastic on the outside that lets water in, as the inside has been sealed loads

SG9 Forester STi
Ah I have this too but only when its been raining really heavily. Its not too often so I cant be bothered to do anything about it, especially seeing as the new seal prices are a rip off.

TT 225
just wait adam, i havnt had water in for months, then all ov a sudden it leaks, to me i think its the plastic on the outside that lets water in, as the inside has been sealed loads

just wait :sleepy: can i speek now lol? the guide i wrote includes the sealing of the inside and the outside.

TT 225
Ah I have this too but only when its been raining really heavily. Its not too often so I cant be bothered to do anything about it, especially seeing as the new seal prices are a rip off.

£75. I was 100% sure it was the rubber seal that had gone on mine....but it wasnt

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Haha, not wait as in wait i meant, huh that doesnt make sense, anywhoo water always find it way in :p

get the guide up quickly. so i can seal the outside before anymore rain comes :)

yes 2 drainage pipes 1 each side, test these t make sure water does go down and come out in the front arch,

This must be my problem then. my left one is completely blocked by the looks of things as the water disappears from the right hand side but stays on the left.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I'm getting the same, damp patch just above the a pillar where the plastic stops and it becomes the headlining. Going to pull the sunroof out soon and try re-sealing it.

I had the exact same problem on my old 1.2. I just bought a can of compressed air, and attached that straw thing and then gave the drainage pipe a good blast or air. It sorted it out.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine had an issue in the heavy rain where it came in via the ariel hole !!

Sealed it up properly and it's been fine since

Light pops off easily .. remove the surround too...

Ariel is held on with 10mm nut .. undo that and the ariel will be loose. stick a load of silicone, or heavy foam tape in there, topside .. squish it down and then do the reverse to pop the whole thing on again.

Hey presto .. no more water feature :)

Monaco
Had exactly the same problem. It's a relativly simple fix so dont put up with it. ruined my first seats anyway.

I see a full guide is under-construction but here's a basic run through

First take the glass out. Front Grab handles, Sunvisors and A-pillars need to come out (a mix of clips and torques). Pull the roof lining down, disconnect the drain pipes (x2) and undo about a million bolts holding the sunroof (actually about 12). Once out you'll see a seal all around the base of the sunroof. This may have perished (it had with me). I bought a self-adhesive, door seal strip from B&Q for £4.99. Scrape the old seal off with a chisel (my weapon of choice) and stick new seal down (i managed to get mine round twice for extra water-tightness). Then you need to check the drain pipes are clear. blow through it, if there's an obstruction; boiling water or mr muscle power foam if you're feeling ambitious.

Then reconstruct.

Or spend £500 on a new sunroof as renault recomend

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Had exactly the same problem. It's a relativly simple fix so dont put up with it. ruined my first seats anyway.

I see a full guide is under-construction but here's a basic run through

First take the glass out. Front Grab handles, Sunvisors and A-pillars need to come out (a mix of clips and torques). Pull the roof lining down, disconnect the drain pipes (x2) and undo about a million bolts holding the sunroof (actually about 12). Once out you'll see a seal all around the base of the sunroof. This may have perished (it had with me). I bought a self-adhesive, door seal strip from B&Q for £4.99. Scrape the old seal off with a chisel (my weapon of choice) and stick new seal down (i managed to get mine round twice for extra water-tightness). Then you need to check the drain pipes are clear. blow through it, if there's an obstruction; boiling water or mr muscle power foam if you're feeling ambitious.

Then reconstruct.

Or spend £500 on a new sunroof as renault recomend

Ok seems quite complicated, and im not to good with cars seeming as this is my first one. Ima have a look tommorow, but for now its towels on the seat, lol. Its only happened since its been in heavy rain. odd

Monaco
First thing i ever did. it is easy - granted it takes time but other than that it's easy. I did this before i even tackled the headlight bulbs

BG 182 FF
the channels will be blocked m8, so needs doing because the water will just sit there, same happened to mine at the start of the year cost 80 quid get it sorted

Ian

Focus TDCi
Mine has been doing this as well when the rain has been heavy, doesn't seem particularly safe dripping through the sunroof switch. Think I'll try sealing up the aerial as suggested, must be where it's coming from.

Clio 1.2 Expression
Can you see these channels without taking the sunroof off, just been to have a look at mine because im having this problem and I can't see them.