ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interior light

TDI tyre shreader

I have just got myself a 172 mk2 and have a problem with the interior light as in it stays on all the time and so does the door open warning light on the dash, this is a bit of a pain as its messing my alarm up. is this a common fault and can someone do me a favour and go and see what noise those little door switches make when u push them in, one of mine clicks when its fully in and the other doesnt, nice to hear clios are everything they are cracked up to be!!! Cheers in advance!

TDI tyre shreader

prob is my car is an early 03 import so it has an after market alarm (the installer might have messed up the wiring), im thinking it may not be covered, was mainly woundering if it was a common fault like a bad connection etc then i could have a crack myself rather than letting some garaged monkey loose on my car

TDI tyre shreader

is there one on the boot? they are tight into the body but only one of them clicks..? pulled it out and tride it both open and with a bit of wire crossing the contacts but no change, going to have another bash tomorrow

TDI tyre shreader

this is doing my head in now, the boot one works goes on and off so dont think its that, had both the door switches out, pulled the switches off even stuck a bit of metal to bridge the contacts but that doesnt work either how can renault make mundane things so complicated???? :mad:

If you bridge the wires that should switch the light on. You are remembering to allow for the courtesy light delay when you are disconecting the switch - the light will stay on for ~20 secs before it goes off.