ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior lights do not activate when unlocking car

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

When inlocking my clio mk2, the interior lights do not illuminate. They will only work when the key is turned on (to the first setting at least in the barrell)

Any idea why?

Thanks

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Interior lights work ok when door opening?
No mate, not then either! Only when key is in and turned to at least the first setting.

Well actually, i can turn the key to a first turn where nothing starts to operate in the car but, no dash lights etc start up, but the interior lights will work then.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
To add to this. I have just put a standard head u it in, and when starting the car each time i have to re enter the radio code. Its as if it isnt remembering it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
To add to this. I have just put a standard head u it in, and when starting the car each time i have to re enter the radio code. Its as if it isnt remembering it?

Some aftermarket radios you have to swap round the live and permanent live. So maybe it needs swapping round again.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Wh
Some aftermarket radios you have to swap round the live and permanent live. So maybe it needs swapping round again.
at do you mean mate? I have put the standard wires i to the standard unit, and they can only go in one way?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
radio Has two feeds.
One is a permanent live.
One comes on with the ignition.

If it’s had a aftermarket radio in it, those feeds might have been swapped round.

Does the radio work if the cars got no keys in it?

PH2 172
radio Has two feeds.
One is a permanent live.

If it’s had a aftermarket radio in it, those feeds might have been swapped round.

For some reason, there 2 are threads on the go regarding electrical faults on this car, in addition to the project thread.

It might be a good idea to abandon one of them, and have all input in one thread.

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/strange-starting-issue-video-attached.824123/#post-11711532

Last edited:

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Check to see if any fuses are popped might be related to the previous owner and dodgy fitting of aftermarket stereo

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
radio Has two feeds.
One is a permanent live.

There are only 4 blocks on total. 1 large black and 1 large white. They can both only go in their own slot and coudlnt be mixed up. Theres also a small blue and a small yellow block, they are colour coded on the headunit so cant mix them up either.

Radio will only work if keys are in

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
PROBLEM SOLVED. IT WAS A BLOWN FUSE.

Now interior lights work when unlocking the car, along with the radio working automatically and not needing the code entering each time you start the car, and the clock time doesnt reset itself anymore when turning the engine off.