ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior panel switches - ideas?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hello,

I'm wanting to create a panel in the upper dash, lower panel as per the picture

28515989084_768d240eb8_b.jpg
2016-08-21_08-35-18 by dann2707, on Flickr

I have ordered some carbon fibre that I will fabricate to fit behind that panel. On this panel I am going to (hopefully) have these switches but aftermarket ones, all the same style, equally spaced etc.

-Heater (12v toggle switch)
-Blower (12v toggle switch)
-Hazards (toggle?)
-Heater rear screen (return?)
-Door lock (return?)
-Passenger window - (on on off?)
Driver window (on on off?)

Can anyone tell me if i'm going to run into some errors or if i'm correct with my switches? The reason being is that the heated rear screen returns back into place when pressed as does the door lock. There are quite a few wires in the back of these switches so its obviously all on one big circuit and not as simple as I'd have hoped.

How does the hazard switch work in terms of what happens when you press it?

Any advice would be awesome as looking at buying switches asap.

Thanks a lot

Just tagging a few who may know @Chambers_RS @NorthloopCup @bashracing

Clio 182
Ok ... Right to left, rainlight, hazards, blower ... The next is my power supply for front facing camera and then the last will be rear facing camera.

Big red button is isolator (battery cut off on a solid state solenoid)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ok ... Right to left, rainlight, hazards, blower ... The next is my power supply for front facing camera and then the last will be rear facing camera.

Big red button is isolator (battery cut off on a solid state solenoid)

nice one thanks for that, what type of switch did you go for on the hazards? Just a simple toggle? Where are they from also, they look neat.

Any ideas on window switches?

Clio 182
The pic is a few months old ... It's a bit further along, I specially left the top section open and have installed my laptimer there.
I'd say that perhaps the switches should be a tad higher in the panel... If I hit third on the a downshift I have caught the blower switch on occasion...

Clio 182
I keep it nice and simple... Power is shared for the blower and RL on a fused feed... Will be enough for the Camera Feed too.
The window can used the same type of switch but rather than a on/off grays do a momentary switch to suit the up and down signal.

Clio 182
I don't have windows just yet ... Currently Perspex but I need additional so it's on the cards for 2017

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
The electric windows switches work by reversing polarity to the motor, so maybe using the original would be easier

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Switches all ordered.

Gone of 3 x MOM/off buttons for the heated rear screen, hazards and Door lock (@Matt555 can you confirm the door lock works on the same principle?) two black dimple buttons and one red one for the hazards.

And gone for 4 toggle switches.

DPDT x 2 for the windows MOM/OFF/MOM - will wire it up to change the polarity of the motor as that's how the swtiches work on clios.
And the same but ON/OFF/OFF for my heater and blower, I could have just ON/OFF switches however I wanted them all the same style and will wire this up so that flicking the switch either up or down activates my cooling and heating. That way the switches are all resting in a neutral horizontal position because OCD

These are them
R8200510-01.jpg

Can't wait to get started on it.

M135i, 197 turbo
Sorry don't know about the door locks as my Clio hasn't got any anymore. Seem to remember it's a momentary switch so should be the same

Whats the metal box in the above picture? Just looks like a computer PSU to me.

Would you be able to provide some instruction or diagram as to which wires you wired to the switches for the windows and hazards? Cheers.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the metal box in the above picture? Just looks like a computer PSU to me.

Would you be able to provide some instruction or diagram as to which wires you wired to the switches for the windows and hazards? Cheers.

Exactly that mate, it's so you can get 12v without going to your car. USB's run on 12v so you just take that feed from the psu :)

I will do when I wire them up mate. It's just going to be a case of tracing them from the door to the loom under the dash and taking them from there. Getting a ground is easy enough. Then getting an ignition feed will also be easy.

Made the traction control and cruise panel today. Really happy with it so far.

29283823766_76253a4473_b.jpg
2016-08-29_05-01-53 by dann2707, on Flickr

M135i, 197 turbo
Wiring for those who are asking for the window switches:
upload_2016-9-3_10-55-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-3_10-55-2.png
    upload_2016-9-3_10-55-2.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 51