ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior Removal

Renault Clio 2003
Hello,

Hard to explain without pictures but I need to remove the plastic which surrounds the headunit on a mk2 ph2.

The bit that goes around the airvents and headunit.

I need to modify it to try and fit a double DIN in.

Any ideas? Can't see many screws.

Thanks,

Jack.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
RenaultClioStr0203060101x.jpg

That one?

the clio is single din, trying to fit a double din youl haev abit of fun. youl need to loose hazard pannel?

to remove radio eiother by radio remocal tools or the pikey easy way, 2 pieces of wire, bend both pieces into a u shape insert the ends into all 4 holes on radio face and push, then get a butter knife in the gap and pry forwards then pull gently, voila!

Renault Clio 2003
Picture doesn't really help. I have already removed radio and hazard panel. I need to remove the plastic which this are both supported by.

Thanks,

Jack.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Hi Jack,

I was looking to do this just to allow easy access to pull the wires out from the back of the HU.

It's not possible I don't believe without dremelling it off, I think it's all one piece.

Ben

Evo 8 MR
You'll have to remove the top half first and then that exposes the fixings for the bottom half.