ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior Spraying.

Just wondering what products people use for spraying up the dash and plastic bits in the phase 1 clios?

I want to spray mine silver and have heard that you can use normal spray cans but need to use a special primer before hand, any advice would be great!

Cheers Marcus

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

right u need plastic primer, then u can use normal car spray paint, if u go metalic silver u will need laquer too, depending on what u want to do will depend on the dificulty if u wanna do whole dash pre pare for lots of cussing and lots of blood lol.

MaLicE

172 M69 eater

iv done it too, take the dash out, rough it up with 600 grade wet and dry (used dry) in order to make the primer stick. Use a light covering of white spirit to remove dust and allow to dry. then apply plastic primer to the surface in small coats till you build up a white coat. Leave this to dry for an hour or more if poss. Then spray on the paint layer by layer slowing building up coverage and then leave to dry. Once the paint is tacky (not dry) apply a layer of lacquer. Meant to b used thick but u gotta watch it doesnt run....

oh and mask up the bits u dont wanna spray!!! - dont use sellotape or anything else - only masking tape othewrwise itll look sh*te!!

patty

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

halfords sell it but only in small cans, try find a place that a car body shop uses to buy paint and get em to make u up a few cans of plastic primer in big cans.

MaLicE

that is unless u have a compressor and spray gun.

Suzuki SV650

Halfords are doing a 3 for 2 on their 300ml cans (I think its 300ml cans anyway) so 3 cans will set you back £9.98. Decent stuff, Ive done my bump strips and one of my valver wings and Im about to take on my wingmirrors. You can get interior spray stuff from Halfords that stretches with the heat and contracts with the cold so it shouldnt crack or tear. How good this is I dont know thou...