ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior trim and dash removal...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi I'm soon to prepare getting parts off that I want sprayed up... to start of with the steering wheel insert, gear knob insert and the dash strips. Do I literally just pop these out of place with a knife or something? I looked through the 'guide' part of the forum but couldn't find anything.

Also, I shall be taking the dash apart to get to my dials for modification, I think I shall purchase the Haynes manual for that one! Is this the correct one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haynes-Ow...erature_ET&hash=item3a72e081b5#ht_2217wt_1396

Just worried it says up to 2004 and I know 182's went up to at least 2005.

Any other hints or tips much appreciated!

The dash trims and what not just pop off with a bit of persuasion.

For dash top removal check the guide section, specifically fUbars part of the guide section,will tell you all you need to know on dash top removal.

Clio 172 sport
just pull the trims off and use a small flat screwdriver to remove gear insert to remove dash take out all hex screws behind the trims and theres a few where the blowers are for the windscreen

personaly if u have a sport dnt wreck the trims by painting them go to the scrap yard and get some normal ones there much cheaper and u can get a gear nob whit engraved numbers they paint better

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay that was embarrassingly easy lol... don't think I've seen a Ph1 gear knob? Thing is I'm kinda trying to get away from silver on the interior ;)

When you say the blowers for the windscreen do you mean right next to it? I've not had a proper look yet but imagine they're quite hard to access!?

Any advancement on whether I posted the right Haynes manual? Think I'd better have one whether I use it this time round or not...