ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove heater control panel

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have done mine and its a total pain.
With this Patience is a virtue, You need to be careful and not go pulling stuff.

1, Take head unit out
2, Take the hazard control panel out and unclip all the buttons.
3, Take the small panel at the back of the cup holders out below head unit.
4, Turn all dials to the left or off (Just something i done)
5, Unscrew any screws that hold the panel in place
6, Get hand down the back and undo the heartier cables
7, Now spend time on working out how to get it out, Its like trying to put a triangle into a square but it does work.

You need to be a paid member to view the guides, marketplace and some other sections. They are more than worth the £1 a month though!

Clio Trophy
Jesus Christ, are you the only person that's realised this?

I didn't even know it was an option, just hauled off the front there from the new one I've got, utterly simple. Why do people replace the whole thing if it's just a cosmetic issue?

I trust there's enough wiggle room in the cables to get the panel out far enough or is it still a nightmare?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Decided to start this tonight, what an absolute b*****d.

How on earth do you get a grip of those cable clips in 14 and 15 to pull out? Is there a knack?

I've always found it easier to disconnect the cables from the heater box instead of the controls and then swap them over if need be once everything is out and easily accessible

Clio Trophy
Knocking on for 2 and a half years after I started this thread, finally-

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

Replaced the god awful looking aftermarket CD player while I was here.

My take on this is, if you're purely doing this for cosmetic reasons don't arse about with all the connections behind the heater panel, just get it loose and swap the covers over.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass still, what with the two loose AC/Recirc. buttons and their springs, but far easier I'd say.

Clio Trophy
And imagine it coupled with an ugly aftermarket CD player that was sticking too far out as well. The dials are so bad because the previous owner had put some cheap as hell fake carbon fibre paper around it, when I hauled it off that's what I was left with.

Now my steering column radio controls work too, although I seem to have discovered the aerial must be shot as the reception is non-existent! Just when you think you've solved it all...

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Now my steering column radio controls work too, although I seem to have discovered the aerial must be shot as the reception is non-existent! Just when you think you've solved it all...

Yeah I know those problems, my mrs had an old mk2 dci and the radio signal in that was fantastic, cue the upgrade to a mk3 Tce and guess what, crap radio. Doesn't matter that this car actually starts and drives lovely, it's all about whether she can listen to whatever radio station she happens to want to have on.

Anyway I'm waffling on, as I do, so I'll shut up now :)

2005 Clio Mk2
Knocking on for 2 and a half years after I started this thread, finally-

View attachment 182435

View attachment 182434

Replaced the god awful looking aftermarket CD player while I was here.

My take on this is, if you're purely doing this for cosmetic reasons don't arse about with all the connections behind the heater panel, just get it loose and swap the covers over.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass still, what with the two loose AC/Recirc. buttons and their springs, but far easier I'd say.
Hey mate, I have the same problem and the panel is peeling horribly, how can you just take the panel off instead of replacing the whole thing?