ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior work next week :) - few q’s

"Navy" N17 TWO

Hey all!

Focal C27V2 11" enclosed sub and Audison SRx4 4chnl amp being installed next wednesday - cant wait.

Clifford concept 650 going in too - dual zone proximity sensor better than glass tamper sensor?

I wanted to add both but they said glass tamper wudnt be needed if the prox was on :confused:

Also - LEDs in the front footwells - can these be wired up to the interior light? want them to come on when doors open.

I want to be able to switch them to come on when the interiour light has power (doors open & switch above head) and switch them off completely too (so they stay off when the doors are open for cleaning, etc.)

Can neon wire be connected to the LED set-up ? was gonna use this 2 cover the gap in the pannels i have :devilish:

Sláinte. Trev

Polo + Micra

ok you can wire the leds & neon wire to your interior light just take the wire from the light to another switch then to the lights.

leds and neons are completely different so you will have to buy the different parts needed to have both.

I was told that the glass break was better because with the proximity sensors you get people trying to set the alarm off on purpose.

Matt

"Navy" N17 TWO

can they be powered from same source, and be controlled/turned off together with one switch?

want them to light up when int light comes on on alarm disarm (doors open), and when i switch on my int light

want whole thing able to be switched off when im cleaning the car

I love the Cliffords had a Concept 500 on my Saxo with remote engine start and duel zone prox! Just make sure that it aint turned up to high otherwise when anyone walks passed the car it will sound! I am looking at getting one fitted to my Mk1 172.

Can I justify a Road Angel 2 and a Clifford next month?

Polo + Micra

yeah they will be fine off the same source .

if you wire strait to the light they will come on when the light is on. but doesnt the interior light fade to off???

which would cause a prob

"Navy" N17 TWO

want total security on it - will break-glass sensor work along with the dual zone prox?

never thought of the int light fading - what would happen the LEDs?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by trevq on 19 January 2005

want total security on it - will break-glass sensor work along with the dual zone prox?

never thought of the int light fading - what would happen the LEDs?
LEDs should dim too... although there are simple means of making them go off instantly

i wouldnt bother with the glass break sensor, as the fitter says, the proximity sensor will do the job and more (obviously)

"Navy" N17 TWO

ill go with that, as they say - proximity will do more than the glass tamper.

with the proximity sensors, will the alarm go off if the car is hit by a ball?

Quote: Originally posted by trevq on 21 January 2005

ill go with that, as they say - proximity will do more than the glass tamper.

with the proximity sensors, will the alarm go off if the car is hit by a ball?
If you want the car to go off when a ball hits it, then get the tilt/motion sensor as well, can be sure it will go off then, and your wheels will be protected.