ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent starting

​Hey guys, I have a 2001 ph2 with intermittent electrical/heater plug light which comes on when I try to start car, turn key off try again & light goes out & cars starts, crank sensor maybe??Any ideas please?

RenaultSport 182FF
Most common problem is the crank sensor, assuming you know where it is (and it is the problem) just give it a wiggle and that will sort it out :)

FF Clio 182
Most common problem is the crank sensor, assuming you know where it is (and it is the problem) just give it a wiggle and that will sort it out :)

Was just about to get to that but crank sensor doesn't usually cause light to come on. TP sensor does though...

If the light comes on does the car actually start ? Does it go in limp mode ?

Thanks guys, no car doesn't usually start with light on however it has once & I 'think' it was limp mode as car was running but not as normal with revs at a constant 2.5k so I turned ignition off & car started fine again?!?!

FF Clio 182
Could be faulty Throttle position sensor. bolts to the side of the throttle body.
, Tells the ecu the location of the paddle. Had the same though of issue on my Clio 1.2