ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent wipers not working (+ relay pic)

Hi All,
My ph2 172 has intermittent wipers (not auto) but although the wipers work on mode 1 and 2 (slow/fast) they dont work on the intermittent setting, the relay doesn't make any noise either which is suggesting to me that a relay has gone. My qustion is, which one!
Heres a picture of the 6 relays under the dash from where the clicking comes from when the wipers come on and the rear wiper is on etc...
Any experts know which one controls the intermitten front wiper setting?
Cheers.

CIMG1792.jpg

silver Ph1 172
Mine is the second one on the left on my ph1, but my relays look different. Just take one out at a time and try your wipers each time, then put it back if it makes no difference untill you come across the one you want. There are 3 on mine, 1 for the bk wiper, 1 for the front, and 1 for the front intermittent.

Last edited:
Cool thanks for info will try that out, any one know other than dealer where to get replacement relays from?

silver Ph1 172
local motor part shop will stock them, just take the faulty one with you. I got one for a couple of quid.

Update: all relays checked, all work none of them control the intermittent front wiper looks like it could be the stalk unless the relays under the bonnet control this , anyone?

silver Ph1 172
My wipers had a mind of their own, they would stop whenever they wanted, even tho I had turned the stalk off! So I got a replacement stalk and it made no difference. I have done a bit more research and found that the relays plug in to a fuseboard known as the uch board, which is controlled by the cars ecu. This uch is a common problem with the wipers not working properly, only problem is they are very expensive and have to be reprogrammed to work with your cars ecu. Heres one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3efbbafd35

that would be real good of you mate, shall i pm ya me address, let me know what you want for it