ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent Wipers not working

Hi,
Have a PH2 172 (without auto wipers/lights), the intermittent wipers just dont work, firts notch down does nothing and fiddling with the intermittent control makes no difference.
Have read it could be the relay, but can someone show/tell me which one it is that controls this and also where to find it?
Thanks.

Not got a car
yes should be the relay

Does it not say in the book? if not go to renault they will tell you

Mustang, S13, AX GT
no worries, no its a 172 FF
If its not a cup then its got auto lights/wipers. If theres no sensor there then thats why it wont be working when you only go down 1 click. Thats the auto setting you wont have intermittent.

Not got a car
mines FF and i havnt got auto lights/wipers, no sensor. so i have intermittent with control speed to have it slow of fast

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
iv got this problem aswell, mine has had a windscreen replacement and they went for the cheaper option with no sensors auto lights dont work wither

Mustang, S13, AX GT
If its a FF then it should have the auto settings, I have a very very early ph2 and its got them. If you dont have auto wipers, how did you manage to get rid of them and get intermittent working as it drives me insane...

interesting, i had a look up behing the headlining above the standard rear view mirror and theres a little black connector which looks like it could be the connector for the sensor module, i wonder if some previous owner removed it, either way id love to get the intermitten working rather than getting the sensor back as i am not bothered with auto....

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
should be a black box above the mirror abour 3 inch square and a quare that looks like a bouble in the glass in the middle at the bottom

Not got a car
Mine also has a Renault front screen, and from the chips and wiper wear marks it looks like the original from the factory. Its also not heat reflective either.

Not got a car
If its a FF then it should have the auto settings, I have a very very early ph2 and its got them. If you dont have auto wipers, how did you manage to get rid of them and get intermittent working as it drives me insane...

I dont know how you get rid of the auto s**t, I had them on my 172. But my 182 is much better with out, put the stalk down one notch it turns them to intermittent which then you can control the wipe speed with the twisty bit in the middle, its like 15sec between wiping 12, 8, 5, 1.

should be a black box above the mirror abour 3 inch square and a quare that looks like a bouble in the glass in the middle at the bottom

yea i dont have this...

lee-182 said:
I dont know how you get rid of the auto s**t, I had them on my 172. But my 182 is much better with out, put the stalk down one notch it turns them to intermittent which then you can control the wipe speed with the twisty bit in the middle, its like 15sec between wiping 12, 8, 5, 1.
this is ideally what i want to get working, wondering if i need either:
  • a new relay, if so which one and where
  • a new stalk
  • intermittent wont work, so will need a sensor module....