ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOllieSM's dynamique 1.2

Hi all,
So.. After thinking about it and a few people asking for it, I have decided to do a project thread for my car :) right, the day I brought her!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341609676.482068.jpg

Completely standard, 64k miles and in great nick. £1995, with a new battery included and the leaky sunroof re-sealed. Was a happy chappy! Although, as happy as I was the modding soon started to happen..!

First significant mod was a set of spaxx 60mm lowering springs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341609812.541497.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341609863.272649.jpg

Unfortunately.. :/ , the next picture holds bad memories. The next day after this picture was taken an un-expected mod occurred - running into the back of a BMW 5 series.. Ouch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341609934.808516.jpg

.... So yeah. The results of going into a BMW / brick wall, equalled out into my beloved car looking like this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610000.184766.jpg

Although the damage isn't TERRIBLE, it also isn't great. A whole new front end was in order and I was extremely tempted by a Clio sport rep.. But rapidly decided against that! I saw the crash as an opportunity to uprate her :) so. Brand new 'black mask' headlights packed with silver visions and ice blue + white bulbs were ordered! Also a new slam panel, and a bonnet which was in black primer.
Headlights
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610183.642644.jpg

A week later I had a lot of the parts ready to be fitted. Drove to my mates shed (LOL) and we set to work fixing her!
Some pics of the work in stages..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610259.874833.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610277.635208.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610298.619217.jpg

Then we were finished for the night..V

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610337.574481.jpg

Was still in need of a badge, Grill, and a new number plate.. But she was road legal again! Those parts soon arrived and I had them bolted on ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610422.510626.jpg

Bonnet wasn't catching properly but it didn't massively bother me for the moment as I was just happy to be back on the road and it looking fairly decent again. Always intend on spraying bonnet but the black grew on me! The thing bugging me most was height. So got me some v-Maxx coillies and soon had them fitted, yet again with the help of my mate!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610509.189854.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610569.207307.jpg

That is how she stayed for a while, until I decided to paint my rear drums black, and calipers blue. Pics below - loved the results from about an hour and a halfs work!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610597.207418.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610665.243425.jpg

Cleaned up the bay too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610692.839111.jpg

Cheeky pic on standards

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610804.875166.jpg

, next stop, new wheels anyone? £130 these cost me, all tyres great condition and they're spotless!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610750.492759.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610772.921967.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610831.618108.jpg

.. Bonnet primer by this time had faded to a Brown :/ rapidly running out of ideas for it, decided to try some carbon wrap and damn! Results were incredible. Looks so good!
Bonnet was also aligned by me and my dad to shut properly :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610891.143712.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610903.910247.jpg

That's it so far! Thanks for reading, look forward to reading the comments :)

Ollie

Just finished carbon wrapping my interior dash strips as they were horribly marked up. Pics will be uploaded tomorrow!

Last edited:
Looks nice but very low.

Guess there is no slow bumps near you.

Thanks :) There are a few lol, but you'd be surprised at how well it takes speed bumps tbh. It doesnt scrape over them but i do have to slow down a little. If it was any lower it'd be a massive pain so its staying at this height (about 80mm)

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Looking good mate. Love the lights. What bulbs are those? Look Like you've got a hid kit.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
You got a link for them? They look like they'd got a blue tint to them. Every set I get hard bright one and don't match with te yellow side lights :/

You got a link for them? They look like they'd got a blue tint to them. Every set I get hard bright one and don't match with te yellow side lights :/

Il see if I can find you the link. And mine are ice white side lights, and the main ones are ice blue. The beam is a blue aswell. Bare with me mate

Went out for a little drive and got a few nice pictures of the car..! Shame they're only done with iphone; but here they are nevertheless.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341702419.251520.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341702433.735421.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341702445.653394.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341702470.767852.jpg

Thanks for looking :) list of things I'm after now would be black tinted side repeaters and a Clio rs grill. Any other ideas? Comment below!

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I would, Paint the bonnet, Colour code, Xenons if you want? RS Grille. Ph3 front bumper? 172 rear bumper. Done.

No tinting.

i like it fella :)

i'd recommend sticking to black details :) possibly get the roof and spoiler carbon wrapped to match the bonnet (getting mine done at some point - car friend! :p )

and id recommend colour coding the plastics as it makes the car look better, Gloss black RS grille, Fat megane splitter :)

and anything lairy you fancy ;)

Last edited:
i like it fella :)

i'd recommend sticking to black details :) possibly get the roof and spoiler carbon wrapped to match the bonnet (getting mine done at some point - car friend! :p )

and id recommend colour coding the plastics as it makes the car look better, Gloss black RS grille, Fat megane splitter :)

and anything lairy you fancy ;)

Cheers :) and I won't carbon wrap the roof but I do have plenty left over for the spoiler. Will probably do that to match bonnet. Just don't want to go over the top with it like a lot of people do! Yeah as soon as I get my rs grill it'll be sprayed before it goes on the car. And I'm not massively keen on the idea of colour coding tbh? I mean. I would if the rest of it was silver but because there is black all over it, I think the bump strips look better in black. I was even considering possibly spraying them satin black... Just an idea, but I don't think I'm going to do it. Megane splitter / skoda splitter will come when mine is completely wrecked :p quite like my splitter

Cheers :) and I won't carbon wrap the roof but I do have plenty left over for the spoiler. Will probably do that to match bonnet. Just don't want to go over the top with it like a lot of people do! Yeah as soon as I get my rs grill it'll be sprayed before it goes on the car. And I'm not massively keen on the idea of colour coding tbh? I mean. I would if the rest of it was silver but because there is black all over it, I think the bump strips look better in black. I was even considering possibly spraying them satin black... Just an idea, but I don't think I'm going to do it. Megane splitter / skoda splitter will come when mine is completely wrecked :p quite like my splitter

fairplay to you mate :) but you will get urges to do the roof eventually as it will seem random the roof being silver when the bonnet and spoiler aren't :L keep us updated fella, i wanna see how this turns out

fairplay to you mate :) but you will get urges to do the roof eventually as it will seem random the roof being silver when the bonnet and spoiler aren't :L keep us updated fella, i wanna see how this turns out

I have had a few people saying I should do the roof too but I'm not going too ;p that'd be going over the top IMO. Going to keep it silver :) IF it was all colour coded I'd probably consider it then, but there is plenty of black all over the car so I don't need to really :) yeah il keep this updated! Wish I was able to bring it to cliosport Saturday :/

I have had a few people saying I should do the roof too but I'm not going too ;p that'd be going over the top IMO. Going to keep it silver :) IF it was all colour coded I'd probably consider it then, but there is plenty of black all over the car so I don't need to really :) yeah il keep this updated! Wish I was able to bring it to cliosport Saturday :/

man you should come... il be there :D got my tickets already :D just gotta make sure the engine doesn't pack in before then :/

man you should come... il be there :D got my tickets already :D just gotta make sure the engine doesn't pack in before then :/

I really want to.. But it falls on the same day as ultimate street car at Santa pod, and already told my mate i'd go to that with him which sucks. Will have to wait until next year I guess :(

Ah man, itl be a fun day though :) and I'll make sure I'm at next years as well then ;) but the car will be completed by then so will look its best ;) don't get me wrong its not far off now but the last bits are expensive :/

172 rear bumper, gotta fit a few body panels that needed replacing, get a set of 15's, lower the car further (adjust my coilovers), and then get the bonnet roof and spoiler carbon wrapped, got a few bits to repaint on the inside over the next month and maybe change the steering wheel, got most of the bits now just need fitting lol,

PH1 1.2s
looking good pal, i second your idea on not colour coding your strips, ive got a phase 1 with black phase 2 172 alloys, smoked side repeaters and tail lights, having the strips in black adds to the car as its all black and silver had a few people tell me to spray the trim gloss black but its a hard decision! the roof would look good carbon wrapped too i wouldnt mind doing my own at some point, good luck with it :)

looking good pal, i second your idea on not colour coding your strips, ive got a phase 1 with black phase 2 172 alloys, smoked side repeaters and tail lights, having the strips in black adds to the car as its all black and silver had a few people tell me to spray the trim gloss black but its a hard decision! the roof would look good carbon wrapped too i wouldnt mind doing my own at some point, good luck with it :)

Yours sounds nice too :) glad somebody agrees with me on not colour coding! And mine are pretty marked up so I'm considering spraying mine satin black, but as you say it's a hard decision. Could just look tacky. Il be keeping this updated anyway so keep an eye out, may well just do it soon enough!

182, 6r GTi
Yours sounds nice too :) glad somebody agrees with me on not colour coding! And mine are pretty marked up so I'm considering spraying mine satin black, but as you say it's a hard decision. Could just look tacky. Il be keeping this updated anyway so keep an eye out, may well just do it soon enough!

looks good as it is IMO please dont spray satin black :/

PH1 1.2s
thanks :) yeah keep us updated! be interested to see, what i do for now to help sway my mind is smash loads of trim shine on when i clean the car to make it get its colour back, looks decent! if thats any help try that see if it helps :)

thanks :) yeah keep us updated! be interested to see, what i do for now to help sway my mind is smash loads of trim shine on when i clean the car to make it get its colour back, looks decent! if thats any help try that see if it helps :)

Unfortunately i think the previous owner must've reversed into a post or something because although the front and sides come up nice and black, there is still a horrible mark on the back which doesnt shift -.- may just look into buying a new bump strip for the rear. Cant be that expensive. Next mod im going for is a sport grill, which i imagine will be coming sometime this month once ive been paid! Cant wait. :)

(s)Low Dynamique
Looking cool man, I'd possibly leave colour coding, like you say the plastics go well with the dark touches! Might even have a nosy at USC as I am also going (would rather be going CSS to be honest but payed for USC ages ago).

Looking cool man, I'd possibly leave colour coding, like you say the plastics go well with the dark touches! Might even have a nosy at USC as I am also going (would rather be going CSS to be honest but payed for USC ages ago).

Cheers :) and one problem with that is I'm most likely going up in my mates Astra vxr with him. Although I am tempted to drive up myself as I'd like to take my car to it. You staying the whole weekend or just one day?

(s)Low Dynamique
Cheers :) and one problem with that is I'm most likely going up in my mates Astra vxr with him. Although I am tempted to drive up myself as I'd like to take my car to it. You staying the whole weekend or just one day?

I'm staying the weekend pal! You should drive down haha, are you for the day or the weekend?

So havnt updated this in a little while. Today saw a whole new upgrade for my car which I've wanted for ages.... A clio sport grill! Met a guy called Nick (Nick172cup) and got myself the grill :) all fitted now and looks massively better IMO. Pictures will follow tomorrow!
Before that though. Hit another milestone :/..!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343081801.442338.jpg

I'm staying the weekend pal! You should drive down haha,

Things have changed now, looks like I will be driving aswell! I will know tomorrow night for sure anyway. Will have to have a look at your car and meet up sometime over the weekend :)

In other news. Got this completely random picture but for some reason do quite like it. Shows how low the car really is to the floor. (I know it's the splitter, but it's still very low) I can only fit 2 fingers between it and the floor.!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343856714.571265.jpg

Anyway, next mod should be happening soon which is tinted side repeaters :) also have a mate of mine relocating my air filter either tomorrow or next Tuesday! Little updates, but updates nevertheless.
Thanks for looking!

Small update!
So after a good weekend at USC at Santa pod, ive managed to pick up a slow puncture -.- being fixed tomorrow. Also got the cars MOT tomorrow, first since the crash! Very interested to see what it turns out like. Main update though issss.... ive purchased a sub and amp (very into my music)! 12" JBL sub and amp for £40, looks as good as new too! Hopefully being fitted tomorrow so will take a quick picture of it to share :)
These are the pictures from ebay. Will take my own tomorrow + update this anyway.
Ollie

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....eLhqqreJUgc3Px3%2B5mU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc