ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS 4.2.1 Safari bugs?!?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I sat on iOS 4.1 for a good while and last week finally jumped to 4.2.1 on my iPhone 4.

Seems to be a bug on Safari when you are using your data allowance. Select a page and sometimes not all the time just sometimes it'll sit on the loading bar, sometimes it will load up eventually but usually just sits there.

3 of us in the office appear to have the same issue, even when not in the same cell. WiFi seems to be absolutely fine, only when we are using the networks data service.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? We are all on iPhone 4's, ive restored from new phone etc just to try that but still no luck. Pain in the arse when trying to login to lloyds TSB site

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Be nice if they sorted it asap. Doing my head in now. Can't remember if this iPhone is on a dev account at work or not. Might look into it of they have a half stable beta out currently.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its not a iOS issue, its a network issue.

GSM networks have behaved like this as long as i can remember.

CDMA versions don't have this issue

Citroen DS3 DSport
I get the same problem but usually only when I use my phone in certain areas.

My dev account expires soon so I've not bothered to install 4.3

BMW M135i
Had this all the time with Orange and my old 3GS, that combined with very poor signal wherever I went made me switch to vodafone and I haven't experienced any of the problems that I used to since.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Orange must be having a similar issue then. I'm on o2 and others in office are on orange. Seems to only appeared after installing 4.2.1 though??

Happens in Worthing along with Portsmouth which is also odd. I'll see what happens in the coming days and attempt to call network provider and not talk to a mong

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Same old today. This is the error we get by the way. If you allow it to sit there it'll usually throw this error unless you press refresh once or twice then it'll decide to load straight away.

8db23455.jpg

o2 are showing no network issues in my area today either. Don't know about orange as others haven't called their providers.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i didn't have this prior to updating my iphone a few mths ago. i now have it. i just put it down to being a ios bug. just press the button twice tbh. annoying really.

how is it not a bug if it didn't happen before? not trolling, genuine question.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thanks for the input

Try reading what I posted.

Just because it isn't what you want to hear it doesn't give you the excuse to be a penis about it. If you know its an OS bug, why start a post?

Its a GSM related issue, it may be more prevalent in the current firmware but it will always be an issue. A baseband update could improve the situation, but they only come with new firmware. 4.3 is out soon, wait for that and see if it reduces the problems. You could also try resetting network settings, but I don't think that's gonna help, but it can't hurt.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Try reading what I posted.

Just because it isn't what you want to hear it doesn't give you the excuse to be a penis about it. If you know its an OS bug, why start a post?

Its a GSM related issue, it may be more prevalent in the current firmware but it will always be an issue. A baseband update could improve the situation, but they only come with new firmware. 4.3 is out soon, wait for that and see if it reduces the problems. You could also try resetting network settings, but I don't think that's gonna help, but it can't hurt.

To be fair Tom I'm hardly being a penis am I? Least I'm not jumping in full foot like that! I read what you posted yes, I've not said it's a guarenteed bug either so I'm far from saying it's DEFINITELY a bug.

The thread is a question basically asking for input. You can see a couple others have the same issue. Now if this Fw has made the 'issue' appear more yes I would call it an Os bug. I know networks get clogged etc but I've only had this issue since 4.2.1 which is why I've asked.