ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IOS 8

dk

911 GTS Cab
The way photostream has changed is annoying, I think I will stick with ios7 on the ipad

where is photostream?

when I installed it asked me if I wanted to use the new docs cloud and I said no as none of my other devices are using ios8 (only my ipad), and ive just looked and presumed I'd still have photostream, but I see a recently added folder, which seems to contain the photos from my iphone, so my photostream?

im a little confused personally.

dk

911 GTS Cab
what a load of b****cks, so they are all mixed into the same folder, and if you want to backup photos to the cloud now, you need to use your icloud storage and pay for it, no free photostream, arse.

Other changes in the Photos app are primarily cloud-related. The default Photo Stream functionality has changed in a way that regular people will probably like but that we personally find annoying. iOS 8 does away with the concept of the "camera roll," the album of photos taken locally on the device you're actually holding in your hands. Now iCloud photos and local photos all mix together into one continuous stream. Many will like this because it makes all of your stuff available everywhere, and it means you won't have to poke around in different albums to find a picture if you don't remember whether you took it on your iPhone or iPad. If you're taking a few hundred screenshots for something like this review, though, it's a little irritating to get screenshots from multiple devices plus pictures from iPhoto all mixed together. You've got to turn Photo Stream off if you only want to see the stuff that's actually on your device.

Finally, there's that iCloud Photo Library feature Apple talked up at WWDC, which has made it to the GM build of iOS 8—but only as a disabled-by-default beta version. It's similar to Photo Stream, but it differs in a few key ways. Both offer to sync photos between your various Apple devices using iCloud, but Photo Stream will only save pictures for 30 days or until you upload more than 1,000 photos, whichever happens first. iCloud Photo Library won't delete photos automatically. Photo Stream photos don't count against your iCloud storage space, however, but iCloud Photo Library pictures will. You'll definitely need to pony up for more iCloud storage space if you're anything more than a casual photographer.
If you still want to use iCloud Photo Library, there's nothing here to stop you. However, that "Beta" tag means "proceed with caution, because we aren't ready to promise that this thing won't eat all your pictures." You're prompted to back up your iPhone's local photo library to your computer before getting started, and you should be extra attentive to performing those kinds of backups for as long as that beta tag applies (we'd look for it to be removed either when Yosemite releases later this year, or when the OS X version of the Photos app comes out early next year).

dk

911 GTS Cab
I can see this being changed with an update, it makes no sense to me, especially since they have removed that photo service they were talking about before, possibly because of the icloud 'hack' for the fapenning.

annoying that im going to have to pay for a larger icloud account now, as 5gb just isn't going to cut it.

I believe they have lowered the price massively, but still, I don't want to be paying monthly for storage.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly,

To my eyes it's f*ck all different, which is annoying.

I'm really struggling to find any differences to 7....

dk

911 GTS Cab
I thought the Photostream used your iCloud storage anyway?
didn't used to, does now.

if you back up your iPhone photos to iCloud, then yes that uses up your iCloud allowance, but photo stream was unlimited and separated, well limited to 1000 photos.

What the f**k has happened to AirPlay? I can only play the odd video, and when it does - it just gives up half way.

It was going so well.

Clio 172
where is photostream?

when I installed it asked me if I wanted to use the new docs cloud and I said no as none of my other devices are using ios8 (only my ipad), and ive just looked and presumed I'd still have photostream, but I see a recently added folder, which seems to contain the photos from my iphone, so my photostream?

im a little confused personally.

its still working on mine with the 1000 pic limit, but now all the pics are integrated into the photos view.

Its annoying cos on the ipad i have very view pics in the camera roll, mostly screenshots of stuff, yet i can look at pics from the phone.

updating the ipad would just give me a pointless duplicated view of whats on the phone. Arrghh

SQ5
No the iPad is still annoying, but saying that I haven't turned it off.

My iPad Air seems a bit clunky on some apps.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Are you doing it on the phone or through iTunes? I was short of space but doing it via iTunes it was no problem.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
FFS.

I downloaded the software update, and then it started installing. An error come up saying that the software cannot be installed, code 14, then my phone went into recovery mode. I have tried to restore my iPhone but now that won't work either, code 14 again.

What can i do to sort this?1

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
FFS.

I downloaded the software update, and then it started installing. An error come up saying that the software cannot be installed, code 14, then my phone went into recovery mode. I have tried to restore my iPhone but now that won't work either, code 14 again.

What can i do to sort this?1
Are you restoring it through iTunes? As this happened to me once. So I selected a different back-up which I had made a few days before hand.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Are you doing it on the phone or through iTunes? I was short of space but doing it via iTunes it was no problem.

Do you mean hooking it up to a computer? I don't have one lol. Plus I'm about 3gb off if I delete some unused apps so not sure I'd still have space.

Not really too bothered with the current ios though so guess I'll just stick with that.

320d M Sport
No camera roll. What a joke.

It was just an easy way to quickly look through all your pics.

ALSO, having to delete and then delete a photo again is a Ballache. Hmm.... Not impressed.

The lack of a camera roll is already annoying me.

It was a breeze to scroll through one album while searching for a photo.

Was a bit slow on my 5 last night, but it's running smooth as anything today. Wierd.

Anyone seen a decent rubdown of all the new features? I'm only finding them as I go.

Cayman S Edition 1
Installed on my 5S and iPad 3. No problems but have to admit I'm disappointed at the loss of photo stream.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Was a bit slow on my 5 last night, but it's running smooth as anything today. Wierd.

Anyone seen a decent rubdown of all the new features? I'm only finding them as I go.

You're doing well to notice them,

I haven't lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
The camera roll/Photostream is annoying... To find old pics is the only way to switch to photos rather than albums?? Hella gay!!

Listerine & Poledo
The camera roll/Photostream is annoying... To find old pics is the only way to switch to photos rather than albums?? Hella gay!!

Next big issue to impact apple users:

"I had to hold my own wang when I went for a standing-up piss"

M135i
Just a heads up incase people didn't know. By far the best and most useful update in ios8 is the fact you can see by % what app uses the most battery In the last 24 hours. Might help a lot out on saving the rubbish battery life.

setting - general - usage - battery usage

dk

911 GTS Cab
I see apple hasn't fixed the issue with words magically appearing at the beginning of sentences as you type.

Great.