ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IPA wipedown

db

db detailing™
I've used the stuff we use in our workshop Rich... you know the stuff... for inserting contacts and cleaning up S1125 etc.

Bumder With A Buffer
Cheers rummen :)

Oooo actually any chance of nicking me a packet of S1125??? I need some! :eek: :)

db

db detailing™
Yeah from IS Rayfast its about £15 for 5 sachets IIRC.
Yeah just used a MF to gently wipe it over.

TBH its not something I do very often... would rather give it another wash/foam instead.

Bumder With A Buffer
Cheers webby :) ;) :) xxxx

Only reason was after using SSR2.5 there was LOADS of tiny polish splatter over the car :(

Didnt happen with the menz polish though! Odd! My wallet is taking a pounding at the moment :(

120d M Sport
IPA wipedowns are for removing polishing oils, so following stages i.e. waxing/sealing aren't affected by them, not for removing polish splatter mate. Surely a wash or QD will get rid of that easy enough :S, its hardly like superglue?

Bumder With A Buffer
I know what it is for...that was my point after using the SSR there was a lot more noticeable oils then the menz as well as splatter. No QD didnt get rid of them "that" easily....spent ages shifting the buggers :(

(Think that was down to getting used to the machine though)

120d M Sport
Maybe a paint cleanser then...Carlack 68/Lime Prime/E-Z creme. Peronally I still think that'd be a better option than using IPA which is mainly for bodyshop use. Just my 2p worth mate