ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad (3rd gen) cracked screen

The wife told me this morning "I think I've broken my iPad". She has no idea how, but I guess she's stood on it.

It's a 32GB WiFi. What's the damage if I go to Apple, £250? I'm gutted for her, but mine's fine :rasp:

Two cracks, 1 hairline crack from top to bottom right across the screen, 1 on the side (at the start of the crack).

a366504a.jpg

57531d3d.jpg

What can I do? House insurance is an option, as we have accidental cover...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep £250 from apple. House insurance should cover you if you have laptop cover.

Digitisers can be had on eBay for about £35 and look fairly easy to change as long as you take your time

Clio 182
My GF stepped on my month old MBP, cracked the screen in quite a few places. I just claimed on house insurance, paid the £100 excess and it was fixed within 3-4 days.

Damn, cheers for the info.

House insurance seems logical (£50 excess, and I'm covered for accidental on laptops up to £1,500), but I don't actually want to use it, never claimed for any insurance before.

She can wait, will teach her to take care of it.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
House insurance, it's what it's there for. A claim will hardly affect your premium either.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I claimed on house insurance for my iPhone that got stolen, cost £50 excess same as you and the premium went up by about a fiver! So definitely worth it... only thing is it did take like 2 months to get it, which was very annoying.