ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad password help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hello all.

I bought an iPad ages ago and never got on with it. I put it in the cupboard and forgot all about it. Fast forward 3 years and my daughter has found it and I said she can have it.

One slight issue, I can’t remember the password.

My wife took it to a man in a shop who said he could do it for £20, he just needed my Apple ID and password. I’m not giving him those details.

So I either need to be told how else I can do it, or put it back in the cupboard.

Can anyone help please??

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Contact apple or look on their FAQs I bet because you've got apple ID and password it's more than possible
Have you tried the password 'Jimmy Toothpaste'?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Is what you need, basically recovery mode, plug into a PC with iTunes, select the iPad and then restore.
Will ask for your Apple ID details and it'll need the account linked to the iPad obviously.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Go on iPhone
Download ‘find my’
It’s the old find my iPhone app. On this you should see the iPad.

Report back at this point
Officer Doofy Reporting for duty!

4B6680FE-D5BA-4EAF-8A64-6A5C59F89D0C.png
6BEE3782-220A-4FAF-A87C-B085F8B466CE.png

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No iPad then? Unless it’s Jodie’s iPad?

Going to have to put it into recovery mode as above I guess… god you’re going to need help.
Yes it’s her iPad. Well, it must be as it’s the only iPad we’ve ever had.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks to @Chuckles (again. He’s a bloody good egg that boy) I now have an iPad ready to use.

But!

It’s linked to my iTunes account so it can see my messages, pics etc etc. Some (most?!) of the stuff on my phone is not suitable for an 11 year old girl.

Is there anyway I can stop it working off my iTunes account? She just needs Safari, YouTube and the camera.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks to @Chuckles (again. He’s a bloody good egg that boy) I now have an iPad ready to use.

But!

It’s linked to my iTunes account so it can see my messages, pics etc etc. Some (most?!) of the stuff on my phone is not suitable for an 11 year old girl.

Is there anyway I can stop it working off my iTunes account? She just needs Safari, YouTube and the camera.
Now you've access to it, surely you just do a factory reset.....

Status
Not open for further replies.