ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 12

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Who's waiting to get one....

Im due an upgrade so decided to wait and see what this brings.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Won't be for a while yet for me! Went from an iPhone 7 to an 11 a few months back. Still missing the Home button - it simply doesn't work as well as previous, though I get that production is easier and they have more screen real estate without it.

If I had the choice of an 11 with a Home button for an extra £50 - I'd buy that one instead.

FaceID works brilliantly and I was very sceptical about it before the 11.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the home button was why i considered the se. Seems the battery is a let down and my p20 pro is ace for that.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
FaceID surely isn't viable any more, whatever happens a lot of people will continue to wear masks from now on.

I'm hoping the 12 pro is launched soon enough that we see some deals on black friday like we did with the XS, not holding my breath though.

Arctic 182, GTD
Upgraded to a 11pro on saturday as couldn't be bothered to wait or pay a stupid contract price like I normally do.

IS there any confirmed details on what the new model will have?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
New phones supposed to be announced on the 13th so should see media invites for the event soon, pre orders on that Friday.
If the 12 pro comes in blue as rumoured that might be hard to resist...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
There is a cheaper 12 that i'm more tempted by really. Only because i don't want to pay daft money for a contract or sim only.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You’ll get used to the phone without the home button. It’s strange to start with but I think it’s a vast improvement without it there
No doubt I will. I think it was just all the previous years of having one on various iPhones and it making 'sense'.

I still think closing apps or switching to ones that are already open, was an easier process with a button. As @jenic says as well, FaceID does get caught out when wearing a face mask and the thumb recognition with the button worked fine before.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I’m considering a 12. Currently on an 8.

I have an amazing sim only deal at the moment, so will consider buying it outright
This is the second iPhone I've had through finance with Apple who use Barclays. Zero interest and zero issues, though I admit it would be nice to buy outright.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Not long bought an 11 Pro outright after my 6S finally died and wouldnt even cope with another new battery. Didnt take long to get used to the new ohone and now its pretty intuitive. Unless they make any significant steps on, i cant see me changing for many years to come, as frankly the camera on this is superb and its stores my music well enough. Job done. :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not long bought an 11 Pro outright after my 6S finally died and wouldnt even cope with another new battery. Didnt take long to get used to the new ohone and now its pretty intuitive. Unless they make any significant steps on, i cant see me changing for many years to come, as frankly the camera on this is superb and its stores my music well enough. Job done. :)
Does make you wonder how far they can go? What other features can they chuck in?

The camera can always be improved. The battery life and the screen resolution improved upon. But you are still limited to a thin oblong device that has become the tool of choice for modern society. I guess there's only so many times you can reinvent the wheel!

I'll be with this iPhone 11 for the usual time frame - at least four years minimum.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I loved faceid, right up until the point we all started to wear masks all the time :rolleyes: Paying for stuff now requires a pin again, instead of faceid/thumbprint.

Take the mask off and feel like a right rebel.

If anyone questions you tell them you held your breath while it was off.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
The new iPad Air has Touch-ID built into the power button. Will be interesting to see if that's on the new iPhones, or whether it'll be delayed for the 2021 phones.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’m waiting. Very impatiently, as my xs is dogshit now. Battery life awful and I cracked the screen a tiny bit at the bottom.

It must be a lottery with the quality of batteries because my old XS was fine, my lad now uses it and it's still spot on. I just used to throw it on a wireless charger every night.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I’m waiting. Very impatiently, as my xs is dogshit now. Battery life awful and I cracked the screen a tiny bit at the bottom.

Mine's on the cusp of needing replacing (XS battery), not that surprising really and definitely worth doing.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Meh. For what I need any phone is fine. Its only that I'm due an upgrade I'm switching back to apple then next time back to android. Living life.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’ve been looking a lot into the iPhone 12 and was going to be the one to upgrade and after seeing information on it and feel it’s not worth it yet for me. Their hasn’t been been a big jump I think to upgrade. I still got the iPhone XS Max and been brilliant. I’m now waiting for the leaks on the iPhone 13 and go for that one.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Same spec as top spec android from 2 years previous ( but fancy description of spec it so sounds better) but 300 more expensive than previous i-phone?!
But people will still buy it
because apple 🤣😉

Sounds about right to me🤔
Stop, don't say that. iPhone users are sensitive and they'll get upset!! 😂

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Stop, don't say that. iPhone users are sensitive and they'll get upset!! 😂

We already know lol
However the OS is very slick and its a bit more of a faff to jump ship to Andriod and be able to transfer all data.
My phone is a rather broken iPhone 6 and other than the terrible battery and broken screen its working ok. I do need a replacement though now.

Only real progress I see with the newest phones is the camera tech. My 6 takes rubbish pictures compared to a new Samsung

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
We already know lol
However the OS is very slick and its a bit more of a faff to jump ship to Andriod and be able to transfer all data.
My phone is a rather broken iPhone 6 and other than the terrible battery and broken screen its working ok. I do need a replacement though now.

Only real progress I see with the newest phones is the camera tech. My 6 takes rubbish pictures compared to a new Samsung
When I moved from my 6S+ to an S9+ it was the best thing I'd ever done

Plus I always drop my phone and its not broken YET, its even took a tumble down a flight of stairs and landed face down on laminate😂😂

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
HomePod Mini looks really good, especially if $99 translates to £99.

New iPhones look amazing too. Wish I had held out for an iPhone 12 Mini instead of going for the SE2 back in April.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
We already know lol

It’s never been easier. You can even transfer complete WhatsApp history from one to the other now

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
12 is $799, Mini is $699.

Assuming £799 or £699 based on that, or maybe £829 and £729?
No price on the Pros yet.

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 19.16.15.png