ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 12

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, if a decent 12 pro deal comes along I might jump, but the persistence with face id is putting me off.

I guess covid came too late for them to jump to the touch ID lock button with this phone.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Going to go Pro Max. I use my phone for watching TV etc all the time these days, during downtime in work, camping or sat in bed, so it makes sense to have a bigger phone even though it’s only a bit bigger than my XR. Will really appreciate a better telephoto lens too, it’s always done my tits in not being able to zoom into stuff properly.

Also looking forward to LIDAR, probably going to have some great 3D modelling capabilities.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just going to buy outright?

Prob but I see the apple site has now stopped selling the 11 Pro & Pro Max

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 20.54.58.png

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 20.55.58.png

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m not sure I could get used to an even bigger phone. My XS Max is perfect size wise.

However I’m still going to get a bigger one, LOL. 🍏

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
So it’s an updated iphone 4 then?

I should buy one as I’ve been moaning about iPhones since the 4 (for shape) and how even a case and screen protector doesn’t protect a curved screen) managed to break my 7+ Screen in the first week even with a case and glass screen protector! Didn’t even break the screen protector either! Tiny gap between the two because of the stupid curved screen, laying under a car, phone pops out to say hello and located a perfectly pointed stone, slight lean and bang! Screen cracked!

Does anyone remember the hassle they had with the antenna round the edge of the 4? Or was it 4s? With it all broken apart like this one and the hand bridging the parts causing issues with signal. I’m sure that won’t be an issue but it’s quite funny to see it back.

I won’t be buying one though, could buy another 172 for the price of a bloody phone!

My god I hate all the waffle and special names for Normal phone things though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Impressive phone none the less, the chip is insane! Very impressed although not a massive upgrade over the 11 pro, and they don't have a green choice! My favourite colour for years!

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Impressive phone none the less, the chip is insane! Very impressed although not a massive upgrade over the 11 pro, and they don't have a green choice! My favourite colour for years!

Green is one of the colours available, light green.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nah not that pastel pov spec. The awesome 11pro green. One of my favourite colours of any phone. Suits the phone for some reason.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Nah not that pastel pov spec. The awesome 11pro green. One of my favourite colours of any phone. Suits the phone for some reason.

I don't know why they haven't done that colour again, I thought it was one of the most popular on the 11 Pro.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just went for the blue, it's a marketing thing for visuals. People need to be seen with that one, if it was green no one would know. That's why they be worth a trillion dollars!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The Blue would be the one i'd go for like on the 12 Pro models, looks really nice.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just went for the blue, it's a marketing thing for visuals. People need to be seen with that one, if it was green no one would know. That's why they be worth a trillion dollars!

Didnt think you were an iphone chap?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Didnt think you were an iphone chap?
I don't use one everyday, I'm just a massive tech enthusiast. I have a MacBook, iPad, awaiting iPad air 4 release. Tech is not exclusive anymore one way or another.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I see o2 have put a date on there website for pre orders.

Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 21.24.31.png

Be very interesting to see the pricing between the 11 pro and the 12 pro

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
What’s the benefit of the pro over the standard 12?

Have a look here at the 12 mini, 12 & 12 pro for differences and what they each have and do.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
The promo video was awesome! those horses! Pro 12 maxi for me, with the new LIDAR for 3D augmented reality. Gimme gimme.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The promo video was awesome! those horses! Pro 12 maxi for me, with the new LIDAR for 3D augmented reality. Gimme gimme.

Definitely worth the upgrade for the one time you install an augmented reality app and say "that's cool" and then never ever use it again. ;)

I'm conflicted between the 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max. I currently have an XS Max (256GB of which I have 193GB free after 2 years of use!), I'm not sure about the size of the 12 Max, just seems like a bit of a huuuuuge b**ch, my wife just got an 11 Pro Max which is give or take around the same size as the 12 Pro, my XS MAX is slightly larger.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I misread, I printed out a sheet with the various sizes of devices, the 12 Pro is way too small for me, Max it is!

I had an X then changed to my current phone an 8 plus. I can’t decide between the 12 or 12 pro, I need 128gb min so that makes the 12 closer in price to the pro base price... Bonus with the 12 is a light phone again.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I ordered a 12 Pro in the end. Showing as delivery in November though (was 23rd Oct just for the normal 12?)

Figured the fact I bought it (compared to my previous idea of buying a used 11) will make things easier if anything needs repairing under warranty (it usually does)