ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 3gs on '3' help

Audi
I have just got the wife a jailbroken 3gs for christmas.

We are on 3 network. I have put the sim in and all i get is 'no service' showing. I know a few of you have the same network and yours all work. Is there anything i am doing wrong or any procedure i need to follow.

It was jailbroken using Blackrain.

Help SOS

Alex

Have you actually unlocked it?

Jailbreaking and unlocking are different.

What version is it running?

Settings > General > About - 3.1.2?

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Doesn't it come up with the "Insert SIM" Message if it's not unlocked though?

When jailbraking a friends iPhone I had this problem, but with a T-Mobile sim. I just did a complete restore and did it again and it fixed it. Simple I know but you know stupid these things are sometimes!

1998 BMW e46 323i
Mine didn't before I unlocked it I don't think. I had to put an 02 sim in it and connect to itunes, then repeatedly try and unlock it before bingo! Can't you get 02 to unlock them now for £15?

Monaco 53/468
Mine didn't before I unlocked it I don't think. I had to put an 02 sim in it and connect to itunes, then repeatedly try and unlock it before bingo!

Hence 'hacktivation' so you don't use the o2 sim to activate it, then JB it and then instal 'sn0w' to unlock it

Go cry to your momma!
it seems with blackra1n if you just want to jailbreak and no unlock you still have to go through the hacktivation process, even if your phone is factory unlocked or running it's original sim..otherwise you'll get "no service / searching" :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Don't use black rain. Use Ultrasnow.

Or if it was originally an o2 phone factory unlock it.

Go cry to your momma!
ahh, I know arr

How many folk have kept 04.26 with 3.1.2 though, most just waited for blackra1n.

Dev team jail breaks FTW though, hope they beat geohoot to the next firmware...