ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4.0 Event April 8th

Citroen DS3 DSport
from Engadget

Yes folks -- the world is turning upside down. Apple has announced an iPhone OS 4 event on April 8th at 10AM PT for a "sneak peek of the next generation of iPhone OS software." So if you're wondering about the future of the platform... your answers will appear sooner than you think. The team collectively dropped an "OMG" when we saw this news, as it's pretty unusual to see such a big event coming from Apple right on the heels of something like the iPad launch. Of course we'll be there -- at Apple's Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino -- live and direct, providing the liveblogging coverage you know and love.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Oooooooooo can't wait. I hope they don't suddenly release new iPhone, haven't saved up the money yet!

AK

M240i
Did they do this last year? Or did they just do the 3GS event and release the 3GS with the new software on it?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
INteresting! Not bothered about the next Iphone Hardware tbh as I doubt it'll be leagues ahead of the 3GS, just want the 4.0 OS tbh!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Will the 4 os be a cost option for 3gs people or a free upgrade going by past releases?

AK

M240i
They've just found a break for 3.1.3 wonder if they'll just dump that now and work on 4.0?

Seems pointless to continue working on 3.1.3 now...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
looking forward to this, it'll probablu give a good indication of new hardware or not once the dev team are in the guts of it.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Won't 4.0 be released when the next iteration of the iPhone is?

kinda like how 3.0 was released JUST before the release of the 3GS

57 Clio Campus Sport
Yeah thurs will just be details, will probably be first featured on release of new iPhone and they will release update on iTunes same day new iPhone is released

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So they will announce an update for 3gs users really then a couple of months later announce the new iPhone?

Monaco 53/468
Recently went onto a monthly rolling contract so I'm ready for a new phone whenever a suitable beast is released (i.e. the next iPhone if it doesn't cost a left testical.)

Cupra
They've just found a break for 3.1.3 wonder if they'll just dump that now and work on 4.0?

Seems pointless to continue working on 3.1.3 now...

They are not releasing it as they are presumably hoping that the same exploit can be used in 4.0.

The various forums and blogs make for amusing reading at the minute. Full of people begging and slagging off the various JB developers as they will not release a break. Almost as if they are entitled to have one. :rolleyes:

57 Clio Campus Sport
They won't release 3.1.3 jb now because otherwise apple will know how to block it ready for 4.0 release. I probably wouldn't buy new iPhone till they JB it because JB makes up for half the reason why it's such a good phone.

Cupra
Agree 100% on both. George Hotz would be a millionaire by now if he had charged $10 a go. I'm curious how much he has made from voluntary contributions.

The only advantage for me (because I'm not a pikey) to jailbreaking is the themes. The fact you can change the background on the iPad, I think you'll be able to do that on the iPhone.

There are small things that are handy with a jb but they're not worth the hassle that comes with it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its possible, an early 3.2 OS beta did contain some video calling elements.

Wouldn't be used on older hardware.