ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 and Enterprise via Exchange

SLK 350
Question aimed at those who are currently using their iPhone 4's in an Exchange (2007) environment.

Basically since the introduction of iOS4 and the iPhone 4, I've been reading and hearing about a number of pretty big issues surrounding use in an EAS environment. The company I'm now working for are currently trying to finalise a policy to get testing with iPhone with a view to getting a Management Server, and scaling down/ditching BB - Initially just in the APAC region (less users).

My previous team all used 3GS on iOS3.x without to much issue (mainly a lack of functionality), and what was there worked perfectly 95% of the time. However, with iOS4 I get a feeling this isn't the case. Apple released a patch after 4.0 to maintain EAS, but since 4.0.1 they're recommending that this is no longer required... that said having looked on the Apple forums, there's plenty of other issues, chiefly an unstable Mail.app:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2532158&tstart=0

Just wanted to see if any of you have had problems? Appreciate your honesty, as I want to be recommending the right strategy, which sadly right now is wait until 4.1, then re-evaluate.

Ta!

330ci Conv
Using Jailbroken IS04 on iPhone 4 with my Exchange 2007 work email and forever crashing. Also crashed on unjailbroken iPhone 4. Hopefully this will be fixed when they release 4.1

SLK 350
Cheers for the feedback guys, the more the merrier.

Also any of you guys have a Dev License? What's the latest Beta release? Be interested to hear if running the Beta resolved any of the issues.

SLK 350
Beta 3 of iOS4.1? or is it yet to be versioned?

[RANT]
It really fks me off and confuses me as to why Apple insist upon not releasing a change list... they really aren't setup for Enterprise with their current stance. As a business user I want to know what changes have been made, and if the problems I (or a user) is having is, or is not addressed with the release. There's so many companies I've worked for that wanted to migrate, but are scared due to Apple's shoddy business support.
[/RANT]