ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

We have had the BSOD, now we have the ALoD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astra CDTI SRI
Anyone else had the Apple Logo of Death on their Iphone?

Mine has been stuck at the apple logo screen now 6 times and I have had to put my phone into recovery mode each time to get it working again. Then I have had to restore from a back up which is taking 2 - 4 hours each time.

It happened last night at about 11pm after updating one of the apps from the apps store via wi-fi. I wasn't staying awake until 2 o'clock to wait for it to restore, so I'm without my phone today.

It seems to be quite a common problem, with some people having to recover / restore 40 times!

Has anyone else had this issue?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1600894&tstart=0

Citroen DS3 DSport
No problems at all for me. It used to reset and stay on the Apple logo for a minute or two when v2.0 was released but I've had no issues recently. Does holding the Sleep and Home buttons in together until it resets not resolve the problem?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my iphone is doing similar, if i reset it, it takes about 10 mins to work again!!

gonna return mine and get a replacement me thinks...

SchwepTek™
My mate had this and 2.0.2 fixed the issue!

However, my phone is just horrid at the moment. So slow...... :(

Astra CDTI SRI
No problems at all for me. It used to reset and stay on the Apple logo for a minute or two when v2.0 was released but I've had no issues recently. Does holding the Sleep and Home buttons in together until it resets not resolve the problem?

Nope, all you get is the apple logo. I left it all last night to see if it came back by it's self, but no joy.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Oddly these issues some to cause problems on some phones but not others. My 3G handset runs fairly reliably whereas a friend with a 2G handset running 2.0.2 has nothing but problems.