ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 camera HELP

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW F82 M4
I'm a bit confused by this one...my camera is a little intermittent, sometimes it loads fine and works fine, sometimes it won't load at all, and sometimes it does this... :S

c1238416-ddd5-81d2.jpg

Thought perhaps it was the new software but apparently not. Did a system restore and still nothing so went along to a genius in the apple store in Birmingham who reassuringly had absolutely no idea what could be wrong with it as he'd never seen this issue before!

Any suggestions?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well the guy at apple should have replaced it if he couldn't fix it mate. Book another genius appointment, make it clear you've tired all the usual steps, and they'll resolve the issue by giving you a new phone.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW F82 M4
That's what I thought tbh but they told me to call orange and talk with them first as they're the people who supplied it. Orange then told me to go back to the apple store as it's nothing to do with them as it's an apple product. Sounds like mr genius fobbed me off :mad:

1998 BMW e46 323i
Tell them you sync it with a Windows PC. This promptly, in my experience, becomes the problem. The solution isn't for them to give you an iMac, strangely they replace the faulty iPhone!!! Surprised the genius fobbed you off tho, get it back there.

Have you restored from a back up and started a fresh?

There's no point restoring if it's a software problem and then putting it back on.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW F82 M4
Have you restored from a back up and started a fresh?

There's no point restoring if it's a software problem and then putting it back on.

Well the guy in the shop didn't actually explain this to me really, he just said to do restore so I didn't really think about it to be honest. Agreed thats my fault. I've just come off the phone from Apple Technical support and they said to try that too so that's what I shall do tonight. Must be honest though and say the chap on the phone was pretty rude too so doesn't fill me with confidence! I'm not the best with technical things and the last thing I need is someone basically shouting at me down the phone because 1) I can't understand his possibly Russian accent and 2) (probably related to problem 1) I can't understand what he's telling me to do! Deary me...

Reeet,

Plug in it, on the left hand side where it says Nickw88's iPhone, right click that and press back-up. It should do it automatically, but it's never a bad thing to make sure. Then on the main page when your iPhone connected, just press restore. Let it do it.

Then just use it, obviously you'll have no contacts/apps/music etc, but that's the point as you don't want to sync back the potential bad bit.

It depends how frequently the problem occurs but keep trying and see what happens. If it doesn't come back with the problem, then something went wrong with your old system and you'll have to manually sync everything back.

If the problem is still there, then you can restore. Right click where it says your phones name again, 'restore from backup' and put all your shizzle back. Then book another appt.

Explain that you've restored from a back up and tried a clean install. They normally ask you that anyway. But there's no excuse for sending you away with a broken phone. Did it actually happen while you were there? Or did you show him the pic you've put at the top?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Yep try to restore. If all else fails go to Genius bar and get yourself a nice brand new one.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW F82 M4
Thanks for the walkthrough Revels, made a lot more sense than the guy on the phone! All seems pretty straightforward so will give it a bash tonight.

Did it actually happen while you were there? Or did you show him the pic you've put at the top?

Surprising yes it did it, although I showed them the picture as well just to enphasise the point! Sods law states it normally wouldn't do it! I think it's because they'd got a major rush on being before xmas and all and i hadn't made an official appointment. I was chatting with one of the other members of staff and they threw me infront of the genuis while he had a few minutes free. If the restore doesn't work though I will have to make a proper appointment. Annoying thing is that I'm working a lot of hours up until xmas and it's not like the store is just up to road. Oh well, needs must...

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW F82 M4
Well i've just spent the last 30 mins or so doing a restore and crossing everything, unfortunately still no joy...camera is fooooked so now got to sit and wait for ages for everything to be transfered back on :(
Films and TV FTL :(

Looks like i'll be making an appointment with a genuis...

2004 182FF
They should have swapped that in the first place. Save all the fucked photos to show what it's doing so even if it doesn't do it then you have evidence.