ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 getting slow!?

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
First of all this isn't just my phone as a few of my friends iPhone 4's are starting to do it also but

Sometimes it seems really slow to respond to anything I do...when I unlock it whilst on Facebook for instance it respond to anything for about 15 seconds and still displays the 'lock' symbol at the top of the screen. Sometimes when typing too (this post for instance) sometimes doesn't display what you type as if it's got 'lag' lol

Anyone else experiencing this?

Btw. It's running iOS 5.0.1 :)

RB 182 Cup
Mine is slowing down too! I've reset it, but not restored it yet.

After the new S came out, is there something in all further OS that is designed specifically for the new phone and therefore the old phones struggle?

New OS may well be more memory hungry and therefore have this effect.

My ancient old iMac struggled on new OS, but after putting an older OS back on it, sped up.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Random, but i have also noticed this. I have re set my phone too / turned it off / cleared everything off it etc

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Ive discovered a fix for this, although it is not ideal.

Turn iCloud off.

Ive turned my iCloud off and my phone is lightening fast again.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I have found another advantage to turning iCloud off on the iPhone 4, battery life.

If you are like me and you have had your iPhone 4 since 2010 it will have completed over 400 charge cycles by now Which means your battery life will be around 80% of what it was when you purchased your hanset.

I found my battery life to be appalling recently, after turning iCloud off my battery life has been improved dramatically. I went from having to charge the phone twice a day to getting 6 hours use and 16 hours standby.

Id recommend turning iCloud off to anyone who has had the same problems I had.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Mines slow too. Also home button doesnt work quite often. I think fooked is the best way to describe it.
Hurry up iphone5.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Daft as it may sound. Have you cleared all the items stored in the "multi tasking" option.
Double press middle button and see all the apps youve ever opened.
Press and hold on as if your going to delete an app, then press the wee minus sign to all them.
Now once all are closed, return back to normal screen and see how your iphone/apps behave.

This will sort out most problems, as although iOS stores a snap shot, it still requires memory to store this snap shot of that app, which uses processing power.

Bus w**ker
when I unlock it whilst on Facebook for instance it respond to anything for about 15 seconds and still displays the 'lock' symbol at the top of the screen.
Pretty sure that's something to do with clearing out temp files that the app has created when previously used. Can't say I'm noticing any slow downs on my 4, but then I close all apps from background and reset quite often.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Daft as it may sound. Have you cleared all the items stored in the "multi tasking" option.
Double press middle button and see all the apps youve ever opened.
Press and hold on as if your going to delete an app, then press the wee minus sign to all them.
Now once all are closed, return back to normal screen and see how your iphone/apps behave.

This will sort out most problems, as although iOS stores a snap shot, it still requires memory to store this snap shot of that app, which uses processing power.

Cant believe the difference.
Cheers

CBR1000RR Fireblade
You can monitor CPU usage and other information using an app called "system status"

pretty good app and it tells you when your phone is getting "clogged up"