ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  FN2 Type R GT
Just sold my second Iphone 4 pre-order on ebay for £815. Keeping the first pre-order so this should help nicely :D

Anyone else ebay'd a 4 yet ?

are you serious? i dont even want my apple pre-order...which model was it? what ebay fees do you get on that?
was it a sim free one?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
are you serious? i dont even want my apple pre-order...which model was it? what ebay fees do you get on that?
was it a sim free one?

Sim free black 32GB, I would say I made about £150 profit after fee's and postage.

Buyer has 100% positive feedback and paypal'd the money from a verified account.

FN2 Type R GT
Nice one mate, gonna hit up Natwest then mate, insurance is a massive con!Depends if they up mine i suppose, they didnt for a 16gb 3gs maybe i slipped through the net ha!

Yeh i know! Ive not lost or damaged in phone ever since ive had them, just dont want to run the risk of my luck eventually running out with the 4!!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm fairly sure Barclays include the iPhone in their 'free' phone insurance as part of their account service thing. The 3G was anyway.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Indeedy, someone has mentioned before that a certain phone shop was letting you reserve, so I walked around Bluewater this morning trying everywhere.

A nice man in Phones4u informed me that they have set up a system with apple where each iphone they take a deposit for it noted, so apple have a rough idea of how many hand sets to send...

I thought it sounded like BS, but I really grilled him on it, he said I will 100% be getting on release day morning, no problem.

Amarok
Probably a simple question to answer.

Ive sold my iphone 3g which is on contract, i get the 30% discount so i am just going to buy the new iphone4 outright from the apple store in town and put my old sim in once it has been cut down to size ect.

Is it easy as that, or am i missing something.
Thank you

Golf R/Leon FR
I went in to O2 today, and spoke to a guy in there, he said the store is opening at 8.02am, so i'll be there from 6am ish.

He also said that they might have the white one on launch day and will be available on contract only. Personally I dont believe it, as Apple aren't even doing the white yet. But fingers crossed lol

Mk4 .:R32
went into the vodafone shop today to ask about the microsim

the guy said they aren't 100% sure but they think you'll need an iphone 4 tariff with them to get a microsim

i hope cutting down your sim definitely works!

Lou

I'm definitely just holding out until the white is released on o2 PAYG - from all the new tariffs released it's not worth upgrading from tariff I'm currently on!

FN2 Type R GT
I know its already been said before but ive skipped thorugh quite a few pages a must have missed it, ive pre-ordered at apple for a pay monthly one, am i right in thinking it makes no difference what ive pre-ordered and i can pick up a sim free one?

Abarth 500 Essesse
I know its already been said before but ive skipped thorugh quite a few pages a must have missed it, ive pre-ordered at apple for a pay monthly one, am i right in thinking it makes no difference what ive pre-ordered and i can pick up a sim free one?

Yes

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not sure, the fact that Apple requested you to specify means you'd better check at your local store.

Should be fine - the staff can move through sim-free customers quicker.

LY 200
Did you pre-order one mate?

Na mate - Pretty much like for like prices/tariffs on o2 so i am going to stay with them!

Im off next week so i'll be a sad c**t and be at Lakeside for 8 Thursday morning! Haha

They reckon they'll have plenty anyway.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
went into Phones 4 u and reserved my iphone. Have reserved a white but said to the guy I dout he will have stock but he was adamant they would. Said he would keep a black if I didnt get the white which I will be happy with. Cant wait for Thursday now!

MINI FJCW
Well my Micro Sim arrived from Orange this morning :D

Rang them on Thursday and has arrived already! Its definitely a phone Micro Sim as it has a mobile number on it, but also says you can transfer your number over, you just have to have the details of the Sim number and IMEI in order to do so.

The longest part will be waiting for it to be activated when I have the iPhone as it can take upto 24hrs.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
if I reserve at Phones4U are they able to sort out my O2 contract? (I'm currently on Simplicity and that'll need moving over to the new monthly tariff with the new phone)

Tom means you're asking a stupid question.

If you typed www.apple.com into your browser, you'd have found the answer, but like so many retards in the last 110 pages, you can't do anything yourself and had to ask on here.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Roll on june 2011

This is a bit like a relationship, the chase is awesome but you know the end result is the same.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think a two week wait is acceptable for the white one. If that's it, i'll just wait.

If I hear about it being any longer, i'll get a black one.

Status
Not open for further replies.