ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new iPhone 7 thread

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
So its coming round again, the current iPhone has gone through its cycle of upgrades and the current style is going to be 2 years old this year, that means the new model is due around September (potentially earlier)

So the spy shots etc have started coming out, and it seems Apple are back up to their old tricks and have gone from a normal earphone jack to an apple only style Jack for the new phone!

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-7/#

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456777678.010776.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456777713.158259.jpg

Now it will be likely I get a new iPhone near to the release due to my contract being timed with the 2 year renewals and I can't see why I wouldn't be happy again either but I do hope we get some nifty kit on this new one!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I won't be back using an iPhone but the 6 is one of the best looking phones ever made. It's stunning alien tech.

Not sure what the volume button part is about. You need a tactile but you cannot have a touch sensitive volume button on the side of a phone.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be getting regardless, i've tried the other OS available and can't stand them. Plus i'm invested in the eco system, makes sense for me to stay Apple.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The sun linked some so called leaked preview pics of the new 7, which looked like an iPhone 4...

The sun online makes me facepalm daily...

I'll get it whatever happens and less is more, less buttons, less holes, less border, less of a price tag??

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I won't be back using an iPhone but the 6 is one of the best looking phones ever made. It's stunning alien tech.

Not sure what the volume button part is about. You need a tactile but you cannot have a touch sensitive volume button on the side of a phone.

Do you think so? Looks wise... I think 4 > 5 > 6

I'll be getting one anyway, can't wait!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I'll look forward to all the iphone posts/adverts on facebook, followed by a load of samsung users feeling the need to slate iphones etc... as per bloody usual.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'll look forward to all the iphone posts/adverts on facebook, followed by a load of samsung users feeling the need to slate iphones etc... as per bloody usual.

Works both ways tbh. I've seen many Apple fans slating new Android phones etc.

It looks nice. I have a 6 for work and while I do like it I couldn't have it as my main phone. I just don't get on with ios.

The volume touch sensor is a stupid idea unless you are going to have it on a flat surface whilst listening to music otherwise you will be getting a constant change of volume.
As for the new headphone jack type, I'm sure the people who have invested in good headphones will be thrilled to fund out that they won't be able to use them on this and that they have to use the provided in ear set that they give with the phone (unless they are Bluetooth)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Not to mention everyone who uses their iphone in a car or plugs it into their stereo.
I can see that being as popular as a fart in a lift.

I'm quite happy I have the Mrs timed for the S releases, they maybe the 'boring' update but it's usually the version where they've fixed all the s**t that was wrong on last years model.
Like the large 6 plus that bent like a banana, or the 5 that lost phone signal if you held it wrong.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Apple design intentions keep putting me off getting the phone. I mean really happy with my 6s love the operating system, so simple and easy to use. But I am being pulled towards the galaxy s7 now. Doubt I'd get it but the 360 VR camera has deffo got my attention.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My contract runs out in July, hmm.. No idea what i'll do between July and the release of this!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Apple design intentions keep putting me off getting the phone. I mean really happy with my 6s love the operating system, so simple and easy to use. But I am being pulled towards the galaxy s7 now. Doubt I'd get it but the 360 VR camera has deffo got my attention.
Don't do that. From a design pov the S7 is a step back. The S6 is a nice phone.

I was looking at maybe downsizing screen wise to an S7 from my Note4 but it's not pretty enough, too rounded etc. Note5 is a stunning so i'll see what the Note6 brings.

No doubting Apple make stunning technology. I still love using my ipad, so simple and sleek. My Brother's 6 is lovely in grey but I was bored within 5 minutes of using it, I'll be an android users for a few years yet.

The 6 is one of my favourite designs ever, glass is cool and the shape is nice.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Don't do that. From a design pov the S7 is a step back. The S6 is a nice phone.

I was looking at maybe downsizing screen wise to an S7 from my Note4 but it's not pretty enough, too rounded etc. Note5 is a stunning so i'll see what the Note6 brings.

No doubting Apple make stunning technology. I still love using my ipad, so simple and sleek. My Brother's 6 is lovely in grey but I was bored within 5 minutes of using it, I'll be an android users for a few years yet.

The 6 is one of my favourite designs ever, glass is cool and the shape is nice.
Only thing I don't like about the Samsung notes and other android phones is that monstrous display.
Loving the design on the 6s got a gold/carbon theme going with it. Not a fan of the backside though the white lines ruin it.

360 VR is basically my only interest, off topic from the thread but if iphone can do it then I'll be happy. Also the apple watch is not very good. The android smart watches are far superior, TAG Heur have a really really nice android watch.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't think I've ever plugged headphones into my last 3 iPhones so not arsed. I'd really like the home button not to be a clicky button, wish it was like on android.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just rounder looking, an a bit S2 looking. Miles from cutting edge.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Defiantly sticking with iPhone, build quality and design are excellent on the 6s.
I'd like to see the home button removed and the screen made almost the full length of the phone.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I much prefer a genuine button over a software button on the screen, plus it might make it harder to have the fingerprint scanner in there.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Lightning-to-3.5mm audio converter - £55
I'm calling it right now.

There will have to be something like this, I think an investment in Bluetooth headphones is the best idea if you use headphones with an iPhone tbh