ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Mk4 .:R32
Re: iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (Read this before starting more threads)

I reckon a lot of shops and websites will sell out of the iphone 4 pretty quickly judging by peoples reaction to the unveiling of it.

Most people are flogging their current phones to fund buying one, or their contract ends soon and they want to upgrade to the iphone 4.

SLK 350

Indeed, I may not bother straight away, my 3G still does everything I need it to and more.

Figured that when the initial wave of willy waving has passed and the operators start being more competitive with it I may pounce then. All of this is pending PAYG price of the handset though.

For £300 more than my 3G I just can't justify it.

1.8 Civic EX

just called o2 as my contract runs out in a couple of days, changed to £15 a month simplicity so thats £5 a month cheaper than what im paying now...(bonus!)

woman said reason why they are taking pre-orders this time round is so they can get the stock allocation correct to ensure everyone gets one rather than having a set allocation of units then everyone going mad in the 1st couple of hours of the release date and selling out...

obviously not sure how true that is but hey ho.

I asked about the small sim and she said to register interest on-line and they send you one. It will be an normal size sim so you can continue to use it in your current phone but the smaller bit is "perforated" so you can pop it out and use it in the new phone when you get it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

will i have to go to my nearest apple store to buy it on payg or will o2, orange, vodafone etc shops be selling them payg too?

just trying to figure out who with/where i will have to pre-register

sorry if this has been answered, i must have missed it

R26

so let me get this right? if i connect to my wireless box at my house and use my iphone as internet, that will not eat into my 500mb a month limit?

Correct.

And I wouldn't pin much hope on the contracts coming down. All the networks will be the same. They're aren't going to suddenly create a £9.99 tariff next week.

SLK 350

Correct, WIFI whether at home or in a coffee shop won't use any of your allowance.

I reckon a lot of shops and websites will sell out of the iphone 4 pretty quickly judging by peoples reaction to the unveiling of it.

Most people are flogging their current phones to fund buying one, or their contract ends soon and they want to upgrade to the iphone 4.

I'd say so considering everyone who got 3G's on 24 month contracts are ready to upgrade! And this is a bigger step than 3G to 3G S.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've sold my iPhone 3GS for £295 :)

Leon Cupra 300

Is there a default setting where it will use wifi where available? and if not then use up the 500mb allowance?

Lee

BMW M2C

Is there a default setting where it will use wifi where available? and if not then use up the 500mb allowance?

If wifi is turned on, and you're connected to it, then it uses wifi. Like in your home for example!

1.8 Civic EX

silly question but someone might know....

on the 15th when we can pre-order, any idea what time this will be from? ie: as of 12am on the 15th or will it be later in the day like the conferences etc...more like 6pm?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Any ideas what a new 16gb white 3G would sell for?

Ben

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

thought i noticed you on AV forums sneeks. Im struggling to sell my 32gb 3gs for £300 on there. Think it might go to the bay

Citroen DS3 DSport

thought i noticed you on AV forums sneeks. Im struggling to sell my 32gb 3gs for £300 on there. Think it might go to the bay

I'd have thought it would sell easily for that price so long as it is in good condition.

BMW F31

Judging by the email Orange just sent me, it reads like they may well be doing preorders!

wont know more until the 15th.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

Judging by the email Orange just sent me, it reads like they may well be doing preorders!

wont know more until the 15th.

i got that email too, hopefully they will start at 12am on the 15th so loads of people unknown will do it when they wake up!

182, turbo rx8, 911

Just rang o2 and after speaking to a girl that called it the iPhone G4 I got transfered to my account manager. I didn't realise I had a special number
number to call! He stated that even if I upgrade to the iPhone 4 (which I will) I would keep my unlimited data plan! I've asked for it in writing which is being done

Get in

dk

911 GTS Cab

People buying direct from apple for the high roller edition should expect to have to wait up until 1am rather than midnight as the ipad wasn't on pre-order until 1am.

BMW 330ci Clubsport

Just rang o2 and after speaking to a girl that called it the iPhone G4 I got transfered to my account manager. I didn't realise I had a special number
number to call! He stated that even if I upgrade to the iPhone 4 (which I will) I would keep my unlimited data plan! I've asked for it in writing which is being done

Get in

Yeah they'll do that as long as its not an early upgrade

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

These are selling for roughly £200 over on AV forums.

fwiw, o2 recycle will give you £190 for a 16G 3G (using the more4u code) without the hassle of having to deal with buyers.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German

People buying direct from apple for the high roller edition should expect to have to wait up until 1am rather than midnight as the ipad wasn't on pre-order until 1am.

???????

Just got an email from The Carphone Warehouse.

TheCarphoneWarehouse said:
Hello,
Thank you for registering your interest in the Apple iPhone 4 with The Carphone Warehouse. As soon as the iPhone 4 is available to order we'll contact you to make sure you are one of the first to hear.
We expect to launch pre-order on the iPhone 4 online next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.