ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Can you tell they're applied?

I don't want a case because it looks so good. Some form of protector would be cool though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No signal problems, at all, 'topher, I want a screen protector for the back, but can't find one.

If you buy one for the front, buy the ones posted in my link, they need to be tri-layered, that way you can get them on 100000% perfect and they can look totally invisible tbh.

E87 118d M Sport
No signal problems, at all, 'topher, I want a screen protector for the back, but can't find one.

If you buy one for the front, buy the ones posted in my link, they need to be tri-layered, that way you can get them on 100000% perfect and they can look totally invisible tbh.

Nah my signal is fine too.

This is the exact thing im going for. Did you find one for the back>?

Mini Cooper S
What do you expect? 1000's of people have been requesting the exact same thing. Should've done it this morning ;)

Tesla MP3 2021
Have you actually covered the left bottom corner on the band, your signal will most probably drop.

M135i
Spoke to guy at o2 in TC and he said major netwok problems and to get it set up as im keeping my old number im best of gettin the handset and then coming back in on sunday to pick up my simplicity sim

E87 118d M Sport
Have you actually covered the left bottom corner on the band, your signal will most probably drop.

Just tested it lol. It goes down 2 bars when my hand is FULLY covering the antenna.
When I hold to phone (when im talking on it) my thumb is that side of the phone, but higher up, so will never be a problem that I can see

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nah my signal is fine too.

This is the exact thing im going for. Did you find one for the back>?

Haven't found one, have decided to buy 6 front covers, I'll cut out the back camera with a craft knife before I put it on. It'll have a couple of holes in it that aren't necessary but I'll deal with that until someone releases a back one.

Alternatively, you can buy ones that need cutting, so I may just buy a sheet of the stuff and then cut it to a perfect size (using an existing front one) and then cut my own camera hole. I'll try both, see where I get.

Oh and for the record, I can't actually make my signal drop.

Quick question, how long did it take for your signal to start showing on the 4 once you had swapped your number over to the microsim? My 3G has been on 'No Service' for about an hour now, but my 4 still is, too...

Anyone?

E87 118d M Sport
Chris, I think they are referring to if you physically hold your hand completely over the antenna on the bottom left of the phone, and after about 10 seconds, watch your signal strength. Mine went down 2 bars. Then when you take it off it goes back up.

One of those "quick, lets find something to moan about" type results I think, BUT it did work for me.
Wont affect the way I use the device at all though. Only would if you hold your phone to your ear having your whole hand in contact with the phone?

E87 118d M Sport
Quick question, how long did it take for your signal to start showing on the 4 once you had swapped your number over to the microsim? My 3G has been on 'No Service' for about an hour now, but my 4 still is, too...

Anyone?

Turn it off, then back on.
They stated 2-24 hours, but who knows. Mine had been over 2 hours when I tried, but the second it came back on, I had signal.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
boom! 32gb ordered via O2 customer services. win.

Exactly what I did, went to town at 8, que of about 100 people, popped back at lunch and it was about 200 so called up and did it over the phone, boom iPhone 4 on the way, will be here tomorrow or Monday.

r****d here, about to switch to my micro sim. Where will my phone numbers be stored ? Do i back up my 3g then, just restore my 4 ? Will i loose texts etc ?

Anyone done a retards step by step guide ?

thanks in advance

r****d here, about to switch to my micro sim. Where will my phone numbers be stored ? Do i back up my 3g then, just restore my 4 ? Will i loose texts etc ?

Anyone done a retards step by step guide ?

thanks in advance

Plug iPhone 3G in.
Back up.

Plug iPhone 4 in.
Restore from back up.

You won't lose anything.

Revels Mum & Sister
I enjoyed watching the poor people queue in the I forgot to reserve line. While I arrived and the line was tiny for Reserved units in Exeter. They were doing a 10:1 Ratio LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.