ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
I wonder if Apple never noticed the signal issue because it was in a 3GS-look case.

Also quidco are doing £65 cash back on phones4u orders, not that I'd buy from them personally, but there may be some people interested.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I wonder if Apple never noticed the signal issue because it was in a 3GS-look case.

Also quidco are doing £65 cash back on phones4u orders, not that I'd buy from them personally, but there may be some people interested.

I assume they're using all the £5 deposits from the people who didnt get an iphone 4 as promised to pay that? :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
got mine from the TC last night, not even taken it out of the box yet but all service on my original phone has gone... would they have moved my details onto the microsim before i even register it???

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cool so chances are i need to just put the new sim in and jobs a gooden, he did say i would need to go online n register it tho :S

guess we will see, its currently just backing up my old phone... but its not been done in a looong time so may take a while lol

BMW E46 330i Touring
got mine from the TC last night, not even taken it out of the box yet but all service on my original phone has gone... would they have moved my details onto the microsim before i even register it???

If an upgrade then yeah, from that point your contract would be with the new sim.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The 12 we got at work yesterday have all being re-packed and are getting sent back.

None will hold signal with either O2 or Voda sims.

The are fine in strong 3g areas but for anything else as soon as you used them they would lose all signal and drop calls/texts.

engadget said:
What we can say without question is that in our testing of the phone, we had improved reception and fewer dropped calls than we experienced with the last generation, and we never noticed this issue. Additionally, when using a bumper we can't recreate the signal loss. So, now we have an answer... all we're wondering is whether or not the company will start handing out bumpers pro-bono to those who are experiencing problems. It certainly seems like the right thing to do.
They bloody should do IMO.

If the bumpers 100% sort this signal issue, I'd get one. But for £25 :eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's exactly what I've found, strong 3g like I currently have at work, and it's bullet proof, literally can't make it drop, weak 3g or just "e" and it all goes tits up.

Mine will be going into apple, how soon depends how much it annoys me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They bloody should do IMO.

If the bumpers 100% sort this signal issue, I'd get one. But for £25 :eek:

Could not disagree more, I didn't buy an "iPhone with bumper", I didn't sign myself to 18 months of paying a contarct for an "iPhone with bumper", I paid it for just an iPhone, and if it doesn't work, they should sort the issue, not wrap it in some shoddy plastic.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Steve doesn't appear to agree with us!

With the bumper fitted I am having no signal problems but we shouldn't need a bumper.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Seems to be this issue of making a circuit at the corner of the phone when holding it bridging the antenna and wifi, and I guess with the bumper you can't make the circuit, bit of an overlook really and major design flaw, amazing how they missed it.

It's got to be bumpers all round really.

SLK 350
The whole thing is a fking joke and if that really is Steve's response (I doubt it) then that's almost as appauling as their oversight. It really does seem to me that Apple have utterly utterly fked up, I just hope they have the nuts to recall it and fix the issue.

Funny though :)

Edit
Also heard the WIFI signal performance was worse (than the already poor) 3G/S as well?

Last edited:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
WTF. I just cut down my T-mob SIM for it to fit..."No SIM" is shown. Can't even sync.

O2 PAYG Micro SIM - Not activated for some reason. Been over 24 Hrs!!!

Same, t-mobile sim didn't work after cutting it down.. I deffo didn't damage the sim card so must just be crappy t-mobile sims.

Ended up switching to o2 anyway.

fiesta 1.25
wtf

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As for fixing it, if they don't I may actually revert back to a 3GS, I'll be getting my money back though, thats for sure. I am damn good at complaining.

It makes the iphone useless in my house tbh, at work etc its fine, but at home its just pointless owning one.

Rolls Royce
I want to get it on vodfone, I currently have a 3G 16GB which im going to sell on envirofone. It has a so2 simplicity sim card in it, how do i go about cancelling this? Can I just cancel the direct debit within my online banking? Or do I have to notify o2?

I want to get it on vodfone, I currently have a 3G 16GB which im going to sell on envirofone. It has a so2 simplicity sim card in it, how do i go about cancelling this? Can I just cancel the direct debit within my online banking? Or do I have to notify o2?
Just give O2 a call, I think it's 30 days notice.

VaVa
My 3GS is shocking for signal. I have a works Nokia 1110i (lol I know, I Know) and it's 10x better at holding a weak signal than my iPhone.

In fact, both are on o2 and my work mobile will divert to my personal phone if not picked up or out of range. The two were sat next to each other. Left a call to ring out from work I didn't want to answer and waited for it to appear on my iPhone. It didn't! Diverted strraight to answerphone! No signal on the £500 uber-phone and 2 bars on the £20 Nokia!

I had hoped this might have been the one thing they improved with 'the 4'. Guess not :(

Revels Mum & Sister
The BBC are sooo stupid! Their articles are rarely accurate! Who write them!?

This article says the iPhone 4 launched on WEDNESDAY:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8759590.stm

This one says the iPhone 4 weighs LESS than the 3GS! IT WEIGHS MORE YOU TW@TS!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8756919.stm

argh, and here I was thinking that 'news' had to be accurate! FFS.

p.s, will be uploading the video of ME being FIRST in to the Westfield Apple store! Had to walk through about 60 Apple enployees and give them high fives etc whilst they applauded me and my mate! They even filmed us coming in as the FIRST customers! Was epic!!!! Queued from about 10:20pm till 7:40am.

I would try and keep this video under wraps personally LOL

Leon Cupra 300
The BBC are sooo stupid! Their articles are rarely accurate! Who write them!?

This article says the iPhone 4 launched on WEDNESDAY:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8759590.stm

This one says the iPhone 4 weighs LESS than the 3GS! IT WEIGHS MORE YOU TW@TS!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8756919.stm

argh, and here I was thinking that 'news' had to be accurate! FFS.

p.s, will be uploading the video of ME being FIRST in to the Westfield Apple store! Had to walk through about 60 Apple enployees and give them high fives etc whilst they applauded me and my mate! They even filmed us coming in as the FIRST customers! Was epic!!!! Queued from about 10:20pm till 7:40am.

You SAD BARSTARD ! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.