ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Revels Mum & Sister
I had a Voda sim in it for a while I got 4 days standby with about 7 hour usage. I was not using the phone much. Put my Orange sim in yesterday. It was fully charged about 3pm and by the time I woke up It was dead LOL

Played with one in the O2 shop yesterday. Could make it lose all signal ha. The assistant said the display phones were different and if I bought one it'd be fine. They still had stock?!?! Someone bought one when I was in there. Although they were getting funny as he had no contact number.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Also I've had 3 messages today from o2 saying I can't receive mms and 2 minutes later get a pic from them.

I've been sending mms since Thursday anyway so what the feck is going on. Anyone else getting it? Spent 5 mins on hold at o2 and gave up.

You havnt got no chance, but you'll have to wait

O2 probably wont move on prices until the white iPhone 4 has been out for a couple of months

They waved my additional £5 charge p/m to make my texts unlimited last time when the 3gs came out. I can only ask I guess. Basically they left the tarif as per and credited my account £5 or something every month. Maybe I'm just better at getting these things than you guys? ;)

My main q otherwise then is are people worried about the new 500 and 750mb limit?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
500mb is a piece o piss to do if you work out and about. When I'm in office it's no problem but if I have to visit a site I can easily do 200-300mb in a day so it was a huge issue for me.

Don't think the data would be an issue until October for you anyway. Think it's then that the charges come in.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I sold my 3GS for £300 so I paid £200 for my 4 really and got to keep my old tariff which to me is alot better. Don't the new tariffs have less mins etc for the same price?

I've never really eaten into my minutes as I'm more of a texter but don't know what they were before. I'm on a £45 pm contract. But that limits to 600texts.. but i had that up'd for free as I say. New £45 one has unlim texts anyway but 900mins.

I'd Have to get the 32gb.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Just going on what my best mates wife said who managed the Chichester branch until last year.

Why do you?
Lol. Well that isn't Customer Care she's managing. And Customer Care will be the ones that will give you a discounted rate. If you want to haggle, you don't do it in store. By the way, did you decide to ignore what Dansta said? Lol
I can understand them refusing to go lower on prices when it was exclusive to o2, but now there are other providers offering the phone they have to be more competitive

They waved my additional £5 charge p/m to make my texts unlimited last time when the 3gs came out. I can only ask I guess. Basically they left the tarif as per and credited my account £5 or something every month. Maybe I'm just better at getting these things than you guys? ;)
Best thing to do, in my opinion, is compare their prices to other companys. Then they will try to match it. After that you can ask for a lower price to encourage you to stay with them

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Hardly ignored what he said. You need to get over what ever you think your point is.

Also since she dealt with CS a fair bit I'm sure she's aware of what they tend to do or offer

500mb is a piece o piss to do if you work out and about. When I'm in office it's no problem but if I have to visit a site I can easily do 200-300mb in a day so it was a huge issue for me.

Don't think the data would be an issue until October for you anyway. Think it's then that the charges come in.

No charges come in.

You just get a slower speed once you're over the limit.

6/468 17poo
Now that half of Cliosport has an iPhone 4 in one word is it really worth the upgrade with the rubbish contracts and media hype making it out to be a useless as a phone?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm yet to have any reception issues but I've just been sent this >

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mo...mashable/index.html?hpt=Sbin&fbid=17nyK0T-3tz
lol, so you have to reproduce any problem now without holding the phone and laying it on a table, what a f**king joke.

i'm honestly surprised at how apple has handled this. its obviously a flaw, they overlooked it, they've shipped so many now and its been such a success they they are trying to sweep it under the carpet, they don't want to be recalling all those phones, they might not even be able to solve it without re-engineering it. to say its not an issue and happens with all phones though (it might, but not as bad as this and not in the exact position people normally hold their phone lol) is just poor.

I think the least they could do was supply a free bumper on a £600 phone, thats shocking. obviously its all about the $ though as they probably make around £23-24 profit from each £25 bumper, so its a profit winner.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Having had a good go on one yesterday, I've decided I'll be going back to an iPhone!

I've gone about it in a backwards way and it'll have cost me a bit more, and the Desire I have at present is very good, but I need another iPhone tbh! :rasp:

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I'm guessing your talking about reception issues, can't say I have a problem

fcdcb9ec.jpg

My 3GS used to get 2 bars of 3G here.

Honestly chuffed with my iP4. Highly recommend them to be honest

My 3GS used to get 2 bars of 3G here.

Honestly chuffed with my iP4. Highly recommend them to be honest

I think that's to do with iOS4 though, not the phone. My 3GS used to get 2/3 bars of 3G at home. Now gets full signal since updating the firmware.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
lol, so you have to reproduce any problem now without holding the phone and laying it on a table, what a f**king joke.

i'm honestly surprised at how apple has handled this. its obviously a flaw, they overlooked it, they've shipped so many now and its been such a success they they are trying to sweep it under the carpet, they don't want to be recalling all those phones, they might not even be able to solve it without re-engineering it. to say its not an issue and happens with all phones though (it might, but not as bad as this and not in the exact position people normally hold their phone lol) is just poor.

I think the least they could do was supply a free bumper on a £600 phone, thats shocking. obviously its all about the $ though as they probably make around £23-24 profit from each £25 bumper, so its a profit winner.

Do you have one?

It really only an issue if you make it do it. ( I can make my Nokia 6310 do it too)

I phoned renault earlier to complain that my car was damaged after i drove it into a brick wall.
Aparently its possible to damage the car if you drive it into solid objects at speed.

Surely this is a design flaw.

Last edited:
For a media device it's allowed me to make many trouble free phonecalls. Odd.

the biggest problem with apple fans is their reluctancy to admit there is a problem/defect whatever on apple's part.

i work on mac, have had every version of the iphone (including 4) and nine times out of 10 i'd choose apple over the competition. but, there is a problem with iphone 4, be it software (most likely), design or maybe hardware. not admitting to the problem existing is just laughable.

Without trying, I've had one dropped call (went to Searching, then No Service before returning to O2) I've also had the same issue when sending a text message while sat on my sofa where I get 4-5 bars usually.

Sure it's a nice phone, but a phone that looses signal if I hold it in the wrong hand, isn't a phone!

I used to work for a mail order mobile phone company, and used to change my phone every 3-6 months without fail (at cost). This is the most expensive phone I've bought, and the only one I've had this signal issue with.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
the biggest problem with apple fans is their reluctancy to admit there is a problem/defect whatever on apple's part.

i work on mac, have had every version of the iphone (including 4) and nine times out of 10 i'd choose apple over the competition. but, there is a problem with iphone 4, be it software (most likely), design or maybe hardware. not admitting to the problem existing is just laughable.

I have admitted to the problem and even posted photos here to demonstrate it. Fortunately I use it in a case so am not having any problems during day to day use. For you to claim it is not a phone is equally laughable and also factually incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.