ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  LY 200
Oh okay, I'd say depending on if you have the box, all the little bits of plastic etc etc, then you'd get £550 at least.

Yep i have the box the lot!

Thats more than i expected it would bring in but then i didnt know what the demand for them out of contract is.

Cheers Revs, got me thinking now.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
rofl...

iphone4.jpg

A silver one
I'm going to pick one up this afternoon.

A couple of quick questions.

1) How much storage are people finding they are using? Have the 16gb folk filled there's already? Which should I go for?

2) O2 people. Is the "International Traveller Service" realyl worth it when going abroad only once a year? Is there anyway to get 'cheap' data when browsing abroad? Can you pay a 1 off fee per time you're abroad?

cheers,
Matt

Rolls Royce
I'm worried about data, im with vodafone and only had it siince thursday says i've used 2.5gb data :S iv only used it on wifi at home and for facebook/checking emails (no attachments or anything)

Golf R soon...
I'm worried about data, im with vodafone and only had it siince thursday says i've used 2.5gb data :S iv only used it on wifi at home and for facebook/checking emails (no attachments or anything)

Jesus! I've had mine since launch week and only used 56.5 mb

Rolls Royce
I'm sure mine must be wrong? Is it the received? or Sent? Says 8 days of usage and iv only had it since thursday :S How much is it extra if you go over?

http://shop.o2.co.uk/web/guest/accessory/Gear4_IceBox_Edge_Hot_Pink_iPhone_4_Case?cm_mmc=googleproductsnatural-_-Accessories-_-Gear4-_-Gear4%20IceBox%20Edge%20Hot%20Pink%20iPhone%204%20Case

This is the case I have, mines white though its good as it has rubber protection all arouind the sides and a clear plastic bit at the back! Also got some screen protectors off ebay 6 for a pound! All fully protected now! :)

You can also get my case in black, grey or pink! I went for white as my mate has it in black.

BMW E46 330i Touring
(Marc) Doesn't matter. If you're using Wifi then it won't increase your data usage.

Euro - are you sure?!?

p.s. unlimited data (same as the last contract) is available till october, i nearly went over 500mb and asked in the store and unlimited(with fair usage) is still till then

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Out of interest how much am likely to get for my 32 gig if i was to sell it in the next few weeks chaps?

Not a mark on it.

Get it on eBay matey...I just recently sold my used 16gig unlocked for £680 ......i had an original bid of £750 but turned it down due to it being a new eBay user and i didn't fancy loosing £500 so i took the £680 for it........2-3 weeks ago 32gig models where going for £900+

If your willing to ship abroad you'd get even more with them not being available officially unlocked in the US.....I had so many people asking me if id ship to the US.

People are paying crazy prices for them...im now holding out for the white which hopefully ill be able to order tomorrow if rumors are correct with regards pre-orders tomorrow and it not only being a US release with them being in limited supply.

Last edited:
  A silver one
Morning,

I picked up my iPhone 4 last night. It's my first iPhone so I could do with a few pointers?

Is there anything I should be turning on/off to increase the battery life and to stop the phone receiving/sending data without me knowing about it?

Also can anybody recommend any decent cases and screen protectors (with links if possible?)?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Matt

Rolls Royce
Morning,

I picked up my iPhone 4 last night. It's my first iPhone so I could do with a few pointers?

Is there anything I should be turning on/off to increase the battery life and to stop the phone receiving/sending data without me knowing about it?

Also can anybody recommend any decent cases and screen protectors (with links if possible?)?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Matt

You can turn off Wi-Fi when not using this, also turn off bluetooth and 3g if not using these, they are about the only things you can turn off, just make sure you have no apps running in the background.

I got a case the other day see a few posts back in this thread its 20 quid and its a epic bit of kit. Its the gear 4 case, and comes in either white, black, grey or pink. It has a rubber protection around the sides and a plastic clear bit at the back making the phone all round secure. In terms of screen protectors I bought 6 off ebay for a quid and they do the job.

Saw the signal drop on mine for the first time last night, was holding the phone in landscape playing angry birds and it dropped from 5 bars 3G (Voda Sure Signal) to 3 bars.

Updated to 4.0.1 last night as well and that seems to have solved my data issue when accessing emails - guessing it was just a decent backup/restore that solved it.

Has there been any update on the sensor "issue"? Not made a call since the update (unsure if the chatter about it being solved with the update was true?)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Took the bumper of last night and the fooking thing has marked the matte effect of the metal band. Not fecking happy! Called apple and got through to store and they said if I take both along to them they'd replace both. Apparently they've had a couple with similar issues.

It's not bad I guess but its bad enough that it bugs the heck outta me

Is that from Apple ? If so when did you order? I ordered mine the tail end of last week and my 3G goes to a new owner at the weekend so I'm hoping mine will come quicker than expected too.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My boss ordered one on the afternoon of the 9th and it went to "prepared for shipment" this morning.

I ordered one at 8am on the 10th as I thought I'd cover bases with my priority list order at the Kingson-upon-thames store, looks like my online order is going to ship before I hear anything about the in store one!

Just got mine after ordering online a couple of weeks ago. The signal issue is a bit drastic. Haven't dropped a call it's just unnerving seeing the signal plummet. Not sure what to do, don't want to send it back as it's awesome in every other department.

Currently using a chopped down sim, apparently that can contribute to the problem, so I'll wait till my micro arrives to make a final decision

Status
Not open for further replies.