ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a chopped down sim contribute to the problem?

Something about the metal contacts of the sim making a connection with the aluminium sim holder, and in some cases affecting the signal.

I've just realised I don't even have to touch steel antenna for the signal to drop, simply holding it in my left hand causes it to happen.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Took the bumper of last night and the fooking thing has marked the matte effect of the metal band. Not fecking happy! Called apple and got through to store and they said if I take both along to them they'd replace both. Apparently they've had a couple with similar issues.

It's not bad I guess but its bad enough that it bugs the heck outta me

THIS has happened to me!! F*ckin LIVID when I saw it!! The damn bumper should PROTECT the phone!!! Its been in the damn bumper since day 1!

They will relace it you say!?!?!??!!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Apparently so. There's a thread on the apple forum I found via google with people having the same issue.

Its very light marks BUT why should I accept it of a product they sold to protect the phone has caused it? I'll be leaving them with a new phone or a refund I know that.

1 Series Coupe
iPhone 4 Bumpers are currently unavailable for sale.
Apple will offer a free iPhone 4 Bumper or other select cases to iPhone 4 customers. Details on how to order a free Bumper or case will be available soon on apple.com.

Clio 182 cup'd
Apparently so. There's a thread on the apple forum I found via google with people having the same issue.

Its very light marks BUT why should I accept it of a product they sold to protect the phone has caused it? I'll be leaving them with a new phone or a refund I know that.

Awaits dozens of comments "my amazing bumper hasn't scratched mine" good luck anyway, I'm sure they will accept it and swap it. I'd get a refund on the bumper while you are there!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
another repair for those people having trouble with the so called death grip :)

tumblr_l5wti80EaX1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yeah the plasters you can. Don't think there's a uk seller yet but still I'm sure you could order them

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Not read the thread, but I've been asked to download a new update for my iPhone, 4.0.1?

A silver one
Not read the thread, but I've been asked to download a new update for my iPhone, 4.0.1?

I got my phone on Monday and did the update before I used it. Took about 2ish hours to download.

If I hold my hand over the 'area' the signal does drop off, then it says 'searching' and then eventually 'no service'. It's not an issue for me though as I'm right handed so will never hold the phone in my left hand to make a call.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
what's going to happen if you've already stumped the £25 for a bumper then? Is a refund offered?

Yes you get a refund, but silly me went into the apple store with my bumper receipt expecting a refund, only to be told I had to return the bumper as well and then claim the free one online....Now maybe I was expecting too much but surely it makes sense to just refund me the £25 and let me keep the bumper? Its second hand so not as if it can be re offered to another customer? Apple customer service at its silliest if you ask me....

BMW F31
An Engadget member of staff managed to just get the refund and keep his bumper, maybe you should try again as the info from Job's speech was that you could get a refund and keep the bumper.

I've had mine since launch and for the first time last night, I put my mate on loudspeaker by mistake. Other than that it's been problem free.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I got my phone on Monday and did the update before I used it. Took about 2ish hours to download.

If I hold my hand over the 'area' the signal does drop off, then it says 'searching' and then eventually 'no service'. It's not an issue for me though as I'm right handed so will never hold the phone in my left hand to make a call.

i dont understand the issue with left hands, the way i hold mine (with my left hand) i dont touch that area anyway

Never above 25mpg
Have a look on Google, a lot of people do have the issue mentioned.

Went into the Bath store yesterday, lovely phone but my mate and I held two different iPhones in our left hands and the signal went, we weren't "crushing" or trying to force it away, it just went!

Had a play with an iPad and I want one of those now :eek:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I've had mine since launch and for the first time last night, I put my mate on loudspeaker by mistake. Other than that it's been problem free.

i keep ringing random people whilst on another call, quite impressive as im not sure i could do it if i actually tried to

Yup. Works fine. But restore before you do it, Needy. Or just wait for 4.1. That can't be tooooo far away.

Steve Jobs via Email said:
Yo Dan,

Apple recently announced that iPhone 4 customers who purchased an iPhone 4 Bumper
are eligible for a full refund.

As of today, we have updated your existing Bumper order and it will ship at no charge.

You can get up-to-date information about your order, including shipping status and
tracking number, at http://store.apple.com/uk/orderstatus

Answer to many Apple Online Store questions can be found at online Help: http://store.apple.com/uk/help

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
Steve

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
White boxes & iPhones.

Personally, I think the black looks miles better this time. The white looks a bit, well... faggy.

Shame.

4771880294_062d4ba39f_b.jpg

4771243471_1c9d729cdd_b.jpg

4771880372_38c0124444_b.jpg

4771243393_625f840554_b.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Since the back only slips off, once you've removed the two screws... hmm.

Hybrid?

I'll see how much a white back is, I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.