ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Ollie's Silver Cup
Just tracked my order from apple store and it's stating it's gone 'out for delivery' this morning :approve:

Under the 3 week time they originally quoted, so I'm happy! :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
mines 8-10 weeks lol oh well

updated to 4.1 but still getting the sensor issue and cutting ppl off after about 10 mins

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i went for the griffin ultra think invisible clear one, 21st sept expecting delivery, i did a quick google check on them all and imo that was the best one / thinnest.

BMW F31
how comes so quick millsy

Not sure mate, ordered the day the released the info about free bumpers, get an email friday to say its been sent free gratis, it turns up this morning!?

bloody quick service :D

not sure i'll use it much as i already own a Sena Leather Case, but it will be useful when going out for drinks/lunch etc :eek:

A silver one
i went for the griffin ultra think invisible clear one, 21st sept expecting delivery, i did a quick google check on them all and imo that was the best one / thinnest.

Is it the Griffin Reveal? It looks good in white. Much better than the Apple Bumper as it protects the back of the phone as well.

Not sure mate, ordered the day the released the info about free bumpers, get an email friday to say its been sent free gratis, it turns up this morning!?

bloody quick service :D

not sure i'll use it much as i already own a Sena Leather Case, but it will be useful when going out for drinks/lunch etc :eek:

What colour Bumper is that Millsy? Looks almost silver?

what are these sensor issues people speak of then? lost on me?

When on the phone and holding it to your head, the screen turns off and on. Was told it was something to do with the fact that the software behind the sensor judges colours and distance, rather than just shadow and light . . . could be b****cks. Who knows.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I am buying my girlfriend a new iPhone and I am on the waiting list at my local Apple store, as the website quoted three weeks and the store seemed like the quicker option.

Looking back through this thread, it has been mentioned that some people are getting them quicker (not sure by how much) than the three weeks quoted by the site.

Could anyone who has either been added to the waiting list 'in store', or ordered direct from the website please let me know how long they had to wait.

It is her wedding present, so ideally, i'd like to give her the phone on the day, but if not then i'll just give her a box that has a 'post-it' saying "I owe you one iPhone" :eek:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My boss ordered a 16G on the 9th of July and it's being delivered tomorrow.

I ordered a 32GB in the Kingston store on the 6th and got it last thursday, I had also ordered online (the 10th) and my online order hadn't shipped by the time I got the store pickup email.

From this it would appear that the 16GB are shipping slightly faster than the 32GB, I've also got this "picture" from reading the various threads on mac rumors where people are posting when they ordered and when they got an update.

330ci Conv
Does anyone know if O2 are taking upgrades over the phone yet? Any update on release of White version as can only find "end of July" on the net

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I see 4.1 B2 is out and according to Apple neither B1 or B2 address the proximity sensor issue

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
From this it would appear that the 16GB are shipping slightly faster than the 32GB, I've also got this "picture" from reading the various threads on mac rumors where people are posting when they ordered and when they got an update.

We ordered a 16Gb and a 32Gb in an Apple store at the same time... the 16Gb took 17 days to arrive, the 32Gb took 21 days. We ordered the Saturday after the launch on the Thursday, think there's more of a supply around now tbh but the 32Gb's seemed to the one's that O2 werent getting a lot of too

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
apparently im not.. no appointyments till next wed!

im just going to go in anyway... if i cant make a call over 10 mins long its bloody useless!!

Status
Not open for further replies.