ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one of the Apple bumpers for mine. Didn't realise it's actually plastic which was a pleasant surprise, fits really well and doesn't look as bad as I first thought tbh. Only con is that it can be a bit of a pain in the ass getting it into my pocket in some of my slimmer jeans, but I can't really complain as it was zero pence!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
It also has plenty of reports the official bumper marks the antenna. I'm using it simply as I think it's the best case out there currently but my iPhone which apple replaced has vinyl around the antenna so bumper doesn't damage it.

I argued the fact I paid £499 for a phone and the bumper they recommended damaged it, they backed down and gave me a new unit.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Stupid bloody vodafone have some stupid content control on the internet on the phone, stops you going on things like flickr!

You can turn it off through your account on the site but that features not been working for the past 2 days so i'm stuck with it for now.

Clio 172 Mk2
one thing ive always wondered, if apple are only doing the free bumper offer until a certain date does that mean newer manufactured phones wont have the same problem as of 30th september?

A silver one
one thing ive always wondered, if apple are only doing the free bumper offer until a certain date does that mean newer manufactured phones wont have the same problem as of 30th september?

I've heard that all iPhone 4's purchased after September 30th will be bundled with a 3rd party case/bumper, rather than you having to order 1 via the app.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my 2nd unit has all the same problems as my 1st one :(

it also over heated this weekend which was rubbish, had a iphone 3 in my other pocket and that was fine... another fail for iphone 4!

2.2 bar shed.
Any ideas as to the actual lead times from the online apple store? Just ordered mine today and I go to europe in 10 days, hope the 30 days is a lie tbh :p

172 Cup
Apple's iPhone boss, Mark Papermaster, has left the company in a surprise exit this month, with growing speculation over the reasons for his departure.
Papermaster was Apple's senior executive responsible for engineering on both the iPod and the iPhone. He has been at Apple just under two years. Previously he worked at IBM for 25 years where he was an expert on IBM's Power chips.
Papermaster's departure follows the iPhone 4 'antennagate' PR debacle, with many industry observers suggesting that his exit from Apple may well be closely connected to the mobile reception problems with the iPhone 4.
Fall-out with Jobs
It is unclear whether or not Papermaster has resigned or has been fired. Apple spokesman Steve Dowlings confirmed that Bob Mansfield, senior vice-president of Macintosh hardware engineering, is currently set to assume his responsibilities.
The Wall Street Journal reports that Papermaster and Steve Jobs fell out months ago and that Jobs had lost confidence in the iPhone exec.
The reasons for Papermaster's departure will no doubt become clearer over the coming days. Stay tuned for updates.
Via The New York Times and Wall Street Journal

Tags: Apple, Steve Jobs, Antennagate, iPhone 4, bumper case

2.2 bar shed.
Surely if it says 30 days then I'd imagine it would be 30 days!

People have been reporting getting theirs much quicker, but that was a couple of weeks ago now. Lots are in stock in various apple stores as well so I've got no clue?

Z4
Got mine today :) although I cant use it properly yet lol, I need a micro sim, woman at apple said O2 dont do them yet?!?! Makes no sense surely?
I'm o2 pay as you go, should I get it from apple or what? confused !

Yeah, just make sure you get a PAYG one. They are quite special in those shops and took them a few attempts to get me the correct one.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at 8:15.

'Every time you so much as touch the touch screen screen the unit vibrates slightly, unfortunately normally it doesn't actually do anything meaning your just holding this weird shaking lump of crap'

I laughed.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I've been a subscriber of Ashens for a few years. Watch his older stuff.

He's mint.

Here's a review of the original iPhone. Oh, wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
4.0.2 downloaded and installed last night. I have no plans to jb my iPhone 4 so thought I may as well close the security hole.

BMW F31
4.0.2 downloaded and installed last night. I have no plans to jb my iPhone 4 so thought I may as well close the security hole.

Yeah I saw it was out last night on Engadget but at 12am I thought I'd wait until I got to work, wish I had done it last night now as I cant get it to fully download at work :(

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
4.0.2 is up for the PDF security flaw.

go get your 579mb fix now ;)

You mean, 4.0.2 is up now to close the jailbreak....

Oh, pesky apple...when will you realise the iphone is a million times better jailbroke...thats why the supreme court just ruled against you over the matter...

JBFTW!

BMW F31
^^ Lol.

I jailbroke mine at the weekend, and promptly restored it.

tbh I couldn't find any extra features I didn't already have, excluding *DONT MENTION THAT SOURCE*, but thats just naughty! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
For the final time.

DO NOT Discuss illegal sources on ClioSport.

Jailbreaking, Fine
Unlocking, Fine.

Stealing apps. NOT Fine.

OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.