ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 out of warranty issue.

I'm about to sell my iPhone 4, and it's got the intermittent home button issue. It was a launch day phone, so out of warranty.

Any idea if it's worth a 100 mile round trip for Apple to look at?

It's not worth the £30 in fuel if they will just offer me a replacement at £150 (or whatever their cost is), I'd may as well sell in it's current state and take a smaller hit as 'faulty'.

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Got a similar problem, my power button went yesterday. Called apple and im a month out of warranty. So ive made an appointment at my local apple store...customer services said it can be hit and miss when out of warranty but as its a common fault you never know. Apple offer an exchange...old for new iphone 4 at £127 now

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
This law applies across the EU (including the UK) that the seller (not manufacturer) has to give a two year warranty.

Audi S1
My brother was 2 months out and he got a replacement with the 30-60day warranty. Might be worth a try but 100 miles for a round trip! Do you live in the woods! lol

If you say the right things then you'll get it swapped no problem at all.

'Normally a heavy promoter of Apple products' 'My faith in the brand has dropped because of this issue' 'Can I speak to a manger?' 'I don't want to have to take this further but I will if I don't get the resolution I'm happy with'

= New iPhone.

LY 182
I've got the home button issue and a problem with some slight cracking on my MBP. Reckon I might take both in and show them I'm such a total Apple fanboy and hope they sort both of them out for me lol.

Mine has started to do this. I usually wouldn't be bother as upgrading to the 4S, but the missus will be using my old one. Genius appointment tonight, I'll update how it goes.

Listerine & Poledo
Sale Of Goods Act gives greater provision for "out-of-warranty" crybaby claims than the EU statue, which came out to bring other EU countries closer to the rights given in the UK to the consumer.

As such, you'd need to prove it was a defect in manhufacturing or the materials that led to the fault. This is, of course, rather difficult to do unless you have an Apple authorised engineer examine it... which will be Apple then.

Certainly try it and be generally pleasant, but for all iPhone buyers going into contracts over 12 months, you really should just buy Applecare and stop trying to scrimp a few quid.

I'm thinking of trying a 4S, just to see that the crack is, I've still got my Android phones replaced every year anyway but, just in case I like it, I'll take Applecare.

As far as I'm concerned, I have an 18 month contract with vodafone. If my phone breaks down through no fault of my own I expect a replacement.

Well I didn't bother getting it fixed.

The fuel (£30) and the time to go to Apple, wouldn't have been worth it.

Sold with the fault for £255.