ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 screens

The bad part about this is that had you lied and said you lost it, you'd have had a new phone within a couple of days.

R26
Just to add my story.

I smashed my screen on my then 3G, rung up bank phone insurance, sent it in to them bla bla, it came back like your 4 has come back, screws missing etc.
I rung up and complained and the end result was they offered a new (or refurbed) 3g and my excess back. Except the 3G had stopped being produced and I guess there were no refurbs available so I ended up with 350 cash and my 30 excess back.

Halifax charge £100 excess now for iPhones btw so I assume they have had loads of trouble and changed to a better repair company, or probably to stop people putting in false claims.

Only if i had...

Reported it to the police within 24 hours, reported it to o2 within 24 hours while also having told insurance within 24 hours.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
got a free replacement from Apple when i dropped my iPhone4 and broke the screen.

the guy said they do one free replacement if it is accidental and in warrenty.

Really... :/

Nice to have it back, still not convinced or happy with the colour of the new screen but it will do. Maybe i'm just being a moany git.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Really... :/

Nice to have it back, still not convinced or happy with the colour of the new screen but it will do. Maybe i'm just being a moany git.

I'd phone up and tell them you're still not happy with the quality of the repair. If you're not happy now, then it's going to bug you more and more every time you look at it.

I think i might book a genuis appointment. The touch screen is still intermittend - it's no where near as bad as it was but this morning has been a bit on/off.

Just got off the phone to insurance again.

Got ANOTHER address to post it off too. They don't do '3rd' repairs, so it's going in for inspection to get the claim overturned.

Sigh.

If the screen has been replaced by someone other than Apple won't that have voided the warranty? Not sure if Apple have authorised repairers.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
i just booked a genius appointment and went in, swapped it there and then.

My missus didn't even book one .strolled in sad face, explained.. She's had two new ones now. Lucky sod!

Ps. Fair play conneh - if you was in an accident and then your new wing didn't match colour you'd be pissed off wouldn't you!? So why not your phone! Stick with it.

120d M Sport
That's not very reassuring. I've just sent an iphone away to life style group (after appealing their refusal of my claim initially).

Thankfully, since they decided to accept my claim my iphone has stopped working altogether so they will surely replace it!

Last edited:
  Audi A4 1.8T Sport
just posted mine to Apple as its randomly not turning back on.

Have you got online tracking? do with Apple :)

Hope it doesnt take too long...

Just got off the phone after 40 mins of argueing back and fourth.

£530 for a new iPhone i got which is better than no phone at all i suppose.

I used this company when my 3GS broke. Apart from taking literally forever to get it back they were ok really. My phone was repaired to a good standard to what I could see. After reading reviews of them I was worried that they were a bunch of cowboys, but maybe I had a one off good experience.

No insurance gave me £530 towards a new phone. They wanted to give me £480 at first as they could find them at that price on Amazon.
After talking to managers and what not i only managed £530 but i was fed up and that would do.

Just got a new phone from the Apple shop in Bath (Almost walked out with an iPad 2 instead). The man was curious to has who the insurace was with, he said they had a lot of people come in with fake screen repairs from insurance companies through banks, so yea Tom - there is some knock offs kicking about!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
No insurance gave me £530 towards a new phone. They wanted to give me £480 at first as they could find them at that price on Amazon.
After talking to managers and what not i only managed £530 but i was fed up and that would do.

Just got a new phone from the Apple shop in Bath (Almost walked out with an iPad 2 instead). The man was curious to has who the insurace was with, he said they had a lot of people come in with fake screen repairs from insurance companies through banks, so yea Tom - there is some knock offs kicking about!

It's almost a certainty that the iPhone5 will be released within the next 2 months, did you not consider keeping the cash and using a cheap phone for a while? If anything happened to mine, that's what I'd be doing right now.

Yea i did, but i still got about 12 months left on this contract. I know i could of bought it out when it comes round - but i would of just spent the cash on something else. I'm not too worried, if i do want one i will just sell this when it comes to it and sort it out then.

Clio 172 cup
My mate works for envirophone, they currently pay £300 for a iphone4 32gb after the iphone5 is launched it will be going down to £240, but you will always make £50 more selling on ebay etc

I'm not worried about the iP5, i may not even like it when it comes out. For the mean time i got a fresh new 4 which when it comes to i can sell if i want too and upgrade. Just glad to have a decent phone again.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol the 3gs was making 350 for the 16gb on ebay for a couple months after the 4 was released.... but your mate MUST be right lol!