ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 screens

Got my iPhone back now that insurance kindly done for me after appealing. However, would they use plastic replacment screens? Really doesn't feel like it use to! I swear it feels different.

Had chance to use it today and they have done a poor job anyway. The touch screen doesn't work all the time, and this seems to be down to the back not being fitted correctly. There is about a 1mm gap at the top left hand corner - if you hold this in it words better.

Dog s**t.

p1050136y.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
what was wrong with it?? and tell me you have called the insurance and gone bat s**t??

Slightly cracked screen. Apart from that the phone worked perfectly.

Just sent them an e-mail. with a picture etc saying i want it relooked at. It's covered by a warrenty through them now.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised they even attempted to fix such a relatively low value item!

Every claim I've made has been a new replacement.

The company is http://www.lifestylegroup.co.uk/

However it's all done via a Lloyds bank account - and i think Natwest use the same company.

The surround around the screen isn't even as black as the original. You can see the light senson plain as day above the speaker.

They said they would replace it with the same if they couldn't fix it.

They even sent it back in a phone case, which was a nice touch i thought. Then on closer inspection i realised it was actually broken, cracks everywhere and part of it missing lol!

Go cry to your momma!
I have a mate that works repairing laptops / iPhones / iPads for insurance companies. They're generally just written off, very rare they repair them.

On the odd occasion that I have known them repair iPhones they've used none genuine parts..

What style screw does it have on the bottom, posi drive or "pentobular"?
You could easily reseat the back of the phone.

I wouldn't say it's a genuine part. It's not as black as the orignal, it's more of a dark grey and you can see the senson through the top.

Really dislike it now. And still no e-mail back. On the phone tomorrow i think.

Clio 182 FF
Have they repared yours or sent you a replacement,check your serial number to see if its yours.Also when you hopefully get a replacment don't forget to change it on your insurance or they will have the right not to fix or replace if it goes missing.

Go cry to your momma!
I know what you mean dude, I changed mine to white back when there were loads of "genuine" white parts knocking about in the USA.
It never felt quite right :(

It may have in the policy wording that they may substitute certain parts for none oem..

Ok just got off the blower after getting an email back.

Basically said i'm not happy with it, the shoddy repair is causing the digitiser to not work properly unless pressure is placed on the corner etc etc.

Also mentioned the OEM products and he said he would note it, and apologised.

They are sending out a pre-paid envelope etc and form for me to fill out (so it wont cost me anything now) and i need to send it out.

I really can't see them replacing it, they are being too anal. Maybe i'm being too anal. I just dont love it/want it anymore.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They will replace it I think. Its obviously a s**t repair, this is what happens when you get 'free' phone insurance from premium bank accounts.

Insurance with the network operators is the way to go if you must insure your phone. With orange its expensive, but an as new exchange unit is provided the next working day ime.

You would think that £15 a month would be ok insurance!
The same group do Natwest, my mate had a payout for his 3GS - they paid him £350 so he just bought his contract out, and got an iPhone 4. He had £150... they then sent him his old iPhone back all repaird.

I think i just got unlucky.

Clio 182 FF
Conneh thats mint that someone finally gets lucky from an insurance firm,if they do send it back repaired or send you a pre owned replacement just keep sending it back,after a couple of times theyll get fed up and send you a brand new one.

Titanium 182
I had a mint white 3gs 16gb but it stopped getting signal that was literally the only problem. I sent it in to insurance which was with Halifax bank account (Under the Loyds group so will be same as yours)

Anyway they've sent me a replacement which is black (Hate black ones) and it's quite obviously used has a big scratch down near the silent toggle button and the back has so many light scratches on it that it's matt instead of shiny.

Reckon I'll get anywhere if I complain ? I'm kinda happy just to have a phone back again but it's annoying me.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they replaced it with a different phone, corse you should complain!! some people lol!

Titanium 182
they replaced it with a different phone, corse you should complain!! some people lol!

.. But they're allowed to replace it with a different phone ? it's a repair or replace with a refurb phone or if they can't then they give you a new one. I'm just not happy with the condition and I'm not right pleased about the fact it's black lol.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
repair or replace with a refurb means they will try to repair yours, if they cant they will replace with the exact same model (white) which will be a refurb. if they cant replace with a white one they give you a new one..

get on the phone and get your white iphone fool!

Sent it off again yesterday, wonder what state it will come back in! I gave them a picture of the problem, wrote down whats wrong, what i'm not happy about and all that.

Atleast i didn't have to pay for postage this time - was nice of them to send me a pre paid SD bag ;p

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
My mate uses them on his 3GS, smashed the screen they replaced the screen, smashed it again 2 weeks later, then they replaced screen again. The home button wasnt working properly so he complained to them and they sent him a new 3GS

No idea what they are going to surprise me with. Things i noted down for them...

Bent chasis/back cover
Non OEM rubbish front screen
Speaker grill was not in place properly
Top button had lost it's clickyness

Wonder what they will send me, if they ever get around to it.

Clio 182 FF
What you wanna do bud is goggle the company and see how high up the chain you can get,the higher the better as if you complain to someone at the top,they'll be proper pissed that their having to listen to you and will kick some arses and also sort your problem at speed.