ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone 4G (No longer rumours)

Yeah for now iPhone HD is good enough for me, 4G seems to confuse people. :)

E87 118d M Sport

I imagine it will be iPhone HD. 4G (4th gen) seems to make people think there is a 4G (better than 3G) network lol.

iLike it..

032738-4600747728_eba55a9e92_o_500.jpg

032835-iphone4g-taoviet-5.JPG_500.jpg

Roll on launch day.

E87 118d M Sport

release date that is floating around online. the conference is on the 8th

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

How can you not like this

taoviet-iphone-4g-volume.jpg

Stunning.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Does look less chunky there.

Do you think the 3gs is better looking tho?

E87 118d M Sport

My 3GS will be for sale the second they announce the new one if your want it. only a few months old.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Cool, I think the 3gs is very sleek and stuff this one is lg prada.

It'll be awesome don't get me wrong and bigger means more tech/power.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

The screen looks 3gs size.

Facelift R53 Cooper S

My 3GS will be for sale the second they announce the new one if your want it. only a few months old.

Along with loads of other 3GS's.
You're best off selling it NOW, yes NOW, TODAY.

That way you'll get the most money.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member

Isnt it supposed to be coming out in 32 and 64gb? Which means the one in that video is fake?

Leon Cupra 300

noob question...

If it's released on the 18th do i have to order then or can i pre-order? Will nobody know the prices etc till launch date? reason i'm bothered is i'm currently on 40% monthly loyalty discount with o2, i realise i have f**king no chance of getting that off of an iphone but, something, even a fiver would be better than a kick in the balls. Am i best to phone regarding it before?

cheers

You'll get zero discount.

You might get a bit off a tariff but even that is very unlikely. They don't do pre-orders. So you'll have to battle with the other billion people that will call up and ask for a free upgrade on the morning they're released.

I think I'd go mental in that call centre! Lol. It's bad enough on here!

Leon Cupra 300

You'll get zero discount.

You might get a bit off a tariff but even that is very unlikely. They don't do pre-orders. So you'll have to battle with the other billion people that will call up and ask for a free upgrade on the morning they're released.

I think I'd go mental in that call centre! Lol. It's bad enough on here!

lol ok then i thought as much...

anyone know what time the phone lines open?!?

Leon Cupra 300

Can't wait now!

I'm going for the lowest memory in black (assuming there will be a colour choice)

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'll visit my local Apple store on launch day and buy the new iPhone on PAYG for use with my o2 Simplicity sim.

Leon Cupra 300

Any ideas on price of buying it on PAYG? Roughly, trying to weigh up doing it like that or proper tarriff.

£450ish.

Ditto that, Sneeks. Except I have to go to o2 as I don't have a local Apple store :(

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

If its anything like last year phil, then the following post should be useful to you as I did all the working out for this myself last year for a 3GS:

Option 1.

Pay & Go Iphone 3GS 16gb = £440.40
Simplicity simcard @ £19.58 per month on the 12 month contract gives you 800 minutes + 1600 txts if ordered online. You also get a free bolt on with the simcard, choose Unlimited web bolt on which DOES cover 3G internet despite what some people on here have been saying.

Over 12 months this would amount to:

19.58 x 18 + £440.40 = £792.44

Advantages:

- On this tariff your getting, unlimited internet access, 800 minutes/1600 txts per month.
- You miss out on wifi, however a Pay & Go Iphone comes with 12 months free wifi access. Even with the Simplicity sim in, when you try to connect to a wifi hotspot etc it asks for your mobile number, put in the number of the PAYG sim (even though its not in the phone) and it works, you get free wifi too!
- Works out cheaper overall.
- Your not tied into an 18 month contract, meaning that in 12 months time if Apple release another new iphone, you can get it immediately.
- You could sell the iphone when the new one comes out for what, £200-300? So it could work out effectively costing you about £300 for a years use of an iphone.

Disadvantages:

-Is a bit more hassle.
- You don't get visual voicemail or internet tethering (does anyone actually care?!)

Option 2.

£34.26 18 month contract with Iphone 3GS 16gb which gives you 600 minutes and 500 texts = £184.98 for the phone.

£34.26 x 18 + £184.98 = £801.66

Advantages:

- It includes visual voicemail and internet tethering is available for the additional cost.
- Its less hassle.

Disadvantages.

- Alot less minutes/texts
- More expensive overall (if you did the above for 18 months instead that still only comes to £792.84
- Your tied into an 18 month contract.

For people who don't need loads of txts, an iphone tariff is fine, but i need more than 500 and option one gives me that at a much cheaper price.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

I've never been an iPhone fan, but am really liking the new design if it turns out like that, much prefer the smarter squarer edges to the curvy ones.

Could be tempted to try one, my 67 (I think) year old father in law recently bought an iPhone and says he doesn't know how he ever did without one.

The phone is half the price now though...

Which phone is half price? :S

They do a new PAYG tariff now, which is unlimited data and unlimited texts if you top up £15 a month. Then I just use the £15 for calls.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

That was done at the time of the new iphone release though marcoB, iphone prices always seem to be similar at release so it shouldn't be hugely wrong, it gives you a rough idea though

Citroen DS3 DSport

Also worth noting that o2 do now offer iPhone simplicity tariffs which include wifi and visual voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.