ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
  VaVa
Re: iPhone 4G Rumours

Removable battery 60%? Who gives a f**k whether or not you can take it out? Just make the battery that's in there up to the job.

Battery is VERY poor.

So if they sort the battery, camera, add a flash and sort out the other little bugs I'll take one.

(Does anyone elses, when composing a text, not display a space at the end of a line no matter how many times you press the spacebar?!)

Plenty of room for improvement, I can't see it being anything other than a winner tbh.

VaVa

Removable battery 60%? Who gives a f**k whether or not you can take it out? Just make the battery that's in there up to the job.

Battery is VERY poor.

So if they sort the battery, camera, add a flash and sort out the other little bugs I'll take one.

(Does anyone elses, when composing a text, not display a space at the end of a line no matter how many times you press the spacebar?!)

Plenty of room for improvement, I can't see it being anything other than a winner tbh.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Can't wait tbh. Tom any ideas on what else they could be announcing?

(off topic, but the forum is on a spaz today)

E87 118d M Sport

how is discussing rumours of what could be in the next iphone in a thread about rumours on the next iphone be off topic?

E87 118d M Sport

oooooo so its about the tablet *cough* that apple havent announced they are announcing *cough* but will announce.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Yes but the space appears as soon as you start typing the next word.

oooooo so its about the tablet *cough* that apple havent announced they are announcing *cough* but will announce.

Gadget blogs are on the verge of exploding with tablet news. I do hope very much that its all just rumours. I know it won't be but it will be very funny if its not going to be announced.

E87 118d M Sport

lol. im more interested in the price. read a rumour it wont anywhere near $1000. but surely it cant be more?
slotting it in between iphone and macbook would mean a price of $600-700????

if only they priced on the exchange rate. not $1000 in the US = £1000 in the UK

Depends what it does and how they market it.

It could be just a bigger touch. So cheaper than a MB and take a share of the netbook market. So £450ish.

Or it could be uber high end. Replace the Air. £1500.

It'll still sell regardless.

It could be just a bigger touch. So cheaper than a MB and take a share of the netbook market. So £450ish.

NYT reckon its basically a big iPhone as it will run iPhone apps but with a 10inch screen and eBook/Newspaper capabilities so as you say £450 - £500 would be about right. Would need to have a 1280x720 screen to make it perfect.

Mini Cooper S sport

Battery is VERY poor.

Yep, even I think this. I'd have one if they do that.

At this rate I'll have my crappy LG for another two years, I'm forever waiting for a decent phone that does what I want :(

Improved GPS chipset would be good. Certainly if they are looking to work on augmented reality apps.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Are you kidding? It's March.

Wait until June, nothing but bullsh*t will come out until then.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

i found this one interesting

U.K. iPhone partner O2 may have dropped a major hint regarding 4G iPhone video calls. Or it may have just made a colossal blunder - one that has since been corrected.

Over the weekend, folks noticed 02's revised tariff listings that included per-minute pricing for iPhone video calls. The moment this listing was discovered, many (and not only the conspiracy theorists among us) began wondering if a major reveal was accidentally spilled - a revelation that the next geniPhone will serve up video call support.

At present, iPhones and iPods aren't designed for this much-in-demand feature. So, naturally, the O2 listing turned heads and sparked widespread interest - even among those didn't see the listing but heard about it through the grapevine. As soon as 02 discovered the leak - or the error - the UK mobile powerhouse quickly removed the entry and offered a statement of correction.

A spokesperson for 02 has since been quoted saying: "The iPhone section of our website states video calling is charged at the same price as voice calls. We can confirm that this was listed in error. We will be amending our website shortly to clarify this."

While 02 is now working to cover its blunder, many still believe that the company simply revealed too much information too soon, and that the 4th generation iPhone will live up to Steve Jobs' hype by delivering a plethora of much sought-after new features, including the ability to make videocalls.

Only time will tell.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/703084-o2-hints-iphone-4g-video-calls-then-corrects-itself.html

I didn't think video calls would be that much of a sought after feature, only a couple of months till it's out I suppose.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Someone just txt me who works at phones4u and said his managers told him that the 4g has been delayed until nov/dec.

I have informed him that that will be purely speculation since apple haven't even said the 4g exists so they're not going to be telling people its been delayed lol. There is stories about it being delayed around the net though so may or may not be true tbh we can only speculate.

just had a look on the net aswell, loads of people saying the microchip is delayed from the manufacturer and that could put back the date till even next year

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I don't personally think its true, Apple have that as almost a tradition now. Millions of contracts for people on 24 monthers will be running out at that time, they are gonna want to make sure that those people don't go to other phone manufacturers it'd be a disaster for them if it was delayed.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Someone just txt me who works at phones4u and said his managers told him that the 4g has been delayed until nov/dec.

I have informed him that that will be purely speculation since apple haven't even said the 4g exists so they're not going to be telling people its been delayed lol. There is stories about it being delayed around the net though so may or may not be true tbh we can only speculate.

LOL @ Phone4U info centre.

If that's accurate, I'll eat my 3GS.

Cupra

Does anybody actually make video calls? All my phones for the past five years have been able to do it, but aside from testing it worked once, I never felt the need to use it again.

Fiat Panda 100hp

LOL @ phones 4 u manager thinking he knows. Apple won't tell anyone if it's delayed. Even O2 wouldn't know.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I think Apple are busy promoting the iPad and until that is released they will be very quiet with details of any new products including the iPhone and possibly also the MBP updates.

Some people have suggested that Apple may not refresh the iPhone this year and this could be true. Personally I think that would be unlikely and a mistake because as it currently stands there are other phones now available with more advanced hardware and functionality. Surely Apple would not let them maintain a advantage for another year.

Fiat Panda 100hp

I think Apple are busy promoting the iPad and until that is released they will be very quiet with details of any new products including the iPhone and possibly also the MBP updates.

Some people have suggested that Apple may not refresh the iPhone this year and this could be true. Personally I think that would be unlikely and a mistake because as it currently stands there are other phones now available with more advanced hardware and functionality. Surely Apple would not let them maintain a advantage for another year.

If the 4.0 software update is good then I don't see what h/w update is really needed. Aapart from the camera obviously.

I would like them to update it to include - thinner, LED screen, 5.0 flash camera, front facing camera. That would get me for another year.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Does anybody actually make video calls? All my phones for the past five years have been able to do it, but aside from testing it worked once, I never felt the need to use it again.

How much is a video call? Lol i totally forgot about it

2014 Focus Titanium

If the 4.0 software update is good then I don't see what h/w update is really needed. Aapart from the camera obviously.

I would like them to update it to include - thinner, LED screen, 5.0 flash camera, front facing camera. That would get me for another year.

Higher resolution screen would be nice to be honest, all the HTC's nowadays have 4 times the amount of pixels than an iphone and are absolutely crystal clear. Other than that for me it would be a better camera, a flash for the camera and infra red.

Clio 1.2 16v

No.

Popular = Owned by retards.

Couldnt be more true. People have the phone for 6 months you meet them and do several things you do every day and they go OMFG i never knew it could do that..... seriosly have you had your phone up ur arse the past 6 months

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Pretty much guaranteed to have a 1ghz+ processor and OLED screen I'd say otherwise it'll lose a lot of people to the HTC Hero imo.

HD camera people keep speculating about could easily be left out seeing as iPhone has never been ahead of the game camera wise.

Fiat Panda 100hp

Think it's going to have the Atom CPU and a OLED screen with a better camera, that will be it.

It's not the h/w that made the iphone so good, it's the s/w. People seem to forget that. HTC can have better h/w all day long but doesn't mean it will be better. It's the OS and the apps created for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.