ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4S battery life- Help!

Hello all,

I have a recently developed problem with battery life on my 4S. Now I know battery life has never been a good aspect of any iPhone but mine has suddenly got worse. I have put this down to an app that I recently downloaded which must have had some sort of bug in- this has now been deleted but left me with the even worse than usual battery life. Now it needs recharging at least twice a day even if its not been used whereas before if I didn't use it I would only need to charge it maybe every other day. If however I was playing games then yes it would eat the battery but that wasn't an issue..

My question is have any of you guys suffrered a similar problem and if so is there a fix? I have googled the problem and found that a 'reset all settings' procedure can be performed which may help. Does any body have knowledge of this?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Clio 182
As AK mentioned, just restore and it will probably be fine. I had a similar issue after a few weeks but mine was jailbroken. The restore sorted it straight away.

Sounds hopeful then! One question, I'm not on my home computer with itunes so cannot back up any photos. If I just choose the setup as new phone option in the restore will I lose all my pictures, messages, apps etc? I'm quite eager to try this now but not if I'll lose data..

Thanks for letting me know! I can't remember the last time I backed it up it was that long ago! No problem it can wait until tomorrow..

Thanks for the replies!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Have you closed all your apps? That can kill the battery. Press the home button twice and all the apps that are open will appear at the bottom of the screen. Hold your finger on one of them until they start wobbling and press the red x in the corner of each one until they all disappear.
Also is your software up to date? It should be at least 5.1.1.

306 GTI-6
What was the actual app you believe may have caused this.

So people can perhaps decide whether to risk downloading it or not.

Also, does IOS give a breakdown of what on the phone is using power?

It might point to something else being the cause

mark smith87- yes I closed all my apps but that made no difference and my software is up to date..

geordieracer- I can't remember the name of the app as I deleted it as soon as I suspected it may be the problem but will check and update the thread. It was a digital radio app is all I can remember for now.

An update for all- I performed the restore and all is now back to normal! I backed it up first and lost no data at all so happy days!

Thanks to all that replied!

Leon Cupra 300
Mine has started getting a bit crap also.

So back up as it is. Then restore from the back up i just did?