ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Bus w**ker
Re: iPhone Event - 4/10/2011 - Read post #1 before asking questions

I wonder if people would still be spitting their dummies out or taking the piss if this came in a redesigned case? Seems like the deal breaker part is that it looks different rather than any features or improvements under the skin. Form > Function?
Is it too much to ask for both? Apple no doubt already have the 5 ready to roll out, but they can squeeze extra cash out of an old design with some slight improvements so why wouldn't they? There will no doubt always be a v1 and 2 of every iteration of iPhone in the future.

Going white this time.

I like that it hasn't changed shape. It means I don't have to spend a fortune on more docks.

vauxhall corsa vxr

Ahwell ios5 update it is then and keep my rolling contract, gutted and disappointed but glad I didn't jump ship before hand

Mountune Tractor

Exactly. It's a good upgrade.

But people like to feel they're getting the most for their money.

It's an awesome upgrade for me seeing as I have a HTC Hero. I just feel slightly bitter as you can bet your bottom dollar that when the 5 comes out it will be super amazing and I will have to keep my 4s for another 12 months.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Any future iPhone for me will be in white after seeing my OH's 4. Very nice phone in person.

Was kinda jealous. Maybe due to them being a little more rare.

Suzuki Jimny

Hmm. May spend the money I saved for this on an iPad 2 instead.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Phil: “So that’s the iPhone 4S. Black and white, 16GB for $199, 32GB for $299, and 64GB for $399. 64GB is the first time in an iPhone.”

Exactly. It's a good upgrade.

But people like to feel they're getting the most for their money.

No doubt the same dickheads that would buy an inferior phone just because it's six months younger or to be different. Perhaps they want it to be obvious to their friends it's the new model when it comes out of their pocket or some other vain reason.

The 4 still looks better than all the other handsets out on the market IMO let alone how much better built it feels than the other plastic android etc POS handsets other manufacturers are selling.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Phil: “So that’s the iPhone 4S. Black and white, 16GB for $199, 32GB for $299, and 64GB for $399. 64GB is the first time in an iPhone.”

Bus w**ker

I hate the white on every picture I've seen of it, but in the flesh (glass, metal...what ever) it's lovely. It does still look hellagay though.

BMW F31

Any future iPhone for me will be in white after seeing my OH's 4. Very nice phone in person.

I get the rarer thing, but my brother in law has one and I much prefer the black.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

The appearance of it is vital I mean, some people don't care but if you say you've got a 4S, most will say "ha, looks just like a 4".

Defeats the object for me and the features if you're honest are not "huge" maybe the assistant will become huge but it sounds pretty basic right now, hard to say until you actually get to use it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I want black, my white is too easy to get dirty. But I dont know if i want to upgrade to the 4s, even though siri is cool, and mirroring would be useful.

An orange one

are those sim free prices from apple?

E87 118d M Sport

£200. That will be the price to pay for the handset on a 2 year contract I imagine, so same kinda price it is every year.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

You're probably looking at the same prices for the 4S as the 4 was. £500 for 16GB sim free, £110 for a £45pm contract.

Mk4 .:R32

In short, the 4S is a 'sleeper' version of the iPhone 4.

Superficially it's f**k all different (which is a shame...but means in the next 12 months there will more than likely be a 5 out), but 'under the hood' it's better.

It's still an upgrade I suppose, just don't see the point in shelling out £500+ for one if you have a 4 and have a while til your contract ends. Unless you have no mates and want to speak to your phone, of course.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Im genuinley debating the upgrade due to the 64GB version. Im just not 100% sure i want to upgrade from my 4 to be stuck with a 4S when the 5 eventually comes out.

Thats it. I'll just wait for friday and see how much O2 want to charge me.

Pretty happy with the features. Not sure if White is the way forward this time or not.

An orange one

i am genuinely dispoointed, i think the sales figures will reflect this for once,

I'm ordering one for the wife anyway, she needs to upgrade her 3GS.

Whether I go from the 4, I'm not sure. If I do, I'll go white just to feel like a new phone.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

my iphone 4 has just given up the ghost so im hoping for an early upgrade

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah because the 3G S sold really badly.

Quite disappointing considering the time it took between releases. Siri looks awesome and I suppose it's more about the OS than anything else, using an Android phone is seriously frustrating no matter what spec it is. It just would of just been nice to have a different design and perhaps a slightly bigger screen.

E87 118d M Sport

Personally I'll wait for the next iPad to get integrated Siri.
I think the 4 with iOs 5 and Cloud will be an awesome combination tbh.

Overall, I'm happy!!

Is it too much to ask for both? Apple no doubt already have the 5 ready to roll out, but they can squeeze extra cash out of an old design with some slight improvements so why wouldn't they? There will no doubt always be a v1 and 2 of every iteration of iPhone in the future.

It's a handsome looking phone already, the 3 came in two "generations" too, there's only so much you can do with the styling on something which has to perform certain functions and be robust/usable.

The appearance of it is vital I mean, some people don't care but if you say you've got a 4S, most will say "ha, looks just like a 4".

Defeats the object for me and the features if you're honest are not "huge" maybe the assistant will become huge but it sounds pretty basic right now, hard to say until you actually get to use it.

Vital if you're more concerned with a pissing contest when you pull it out at the pub, hardly if you're more concerned with the devices operation.