ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've given up with the feed, utter bag of s**t.

I'll watch it later.

The Chinese voice over has to do with Apple breaking into the Chinese market.

China represents an untapped market which massively exceeds that of Europe.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Feed is awful. Just reading the liveblog instead elsewhere.

Phone looks cool. I think the plus might be too big and there's no way I'll be going for the standard 6. It's the same size as my Nexus 4 and I'd like a slightly larger screen.

Will see what else they say. Was hoping this could be the device to sway me back to Apple but it's not looking promising.

Something my Nexus hasn't been doing already.

Well just so far, everything announced your nexus 5 doesn't do to this standard.

Camera.
Screen.
Fitness app capabilities.
Gaming.
Call quality.

But if you just want a nexus 5 that does the job and won't use the above to much extent fair enough, no point paying for the iPhone.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
iPhone 6 for me, I think the 6+ is just too big, unless you're a woman and own a handbag.

6+ specs look great, I can imagine it's going to be expensive!!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well just so far, everything announced your nexus 5 doesn't do to this standard.

Camera.
Screen.
Fitness app capabilities.
Gaming.
Call quality.

But if you just want a nexus 5 that does the job and won't use the above to much extent fair enough, no point paying for the iPhone.

LOL none of those are even that much of a difference to notice. Not sure why you're trying to come across as an arse. I'm genuinely hoping that Apple can tempt me back because the build quality is much better. But so far it's just Android feature after Android feature.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
6 for me.

Cant have anything too big in my pocket. Will seem massive compared to my 5s.

Think only woman will go for the bigger one.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i've had to restart my apple tv twice now trying to watch this damn event.

It keeps crashing then i occasionally get the asian voice over.

LOL none of those are even that much of a difference to notice. Not sure why you're trying to come across as an arse. I'm genuinely hoping that Apple can tempt me back because the build quality is much better. But so far it's just Android feature after Android feature.

I wasn't trying to come across that way sorry. If you like Apple you'll get what I mean then - it just works really well.

But you can't just say - android does the same - so it's no better, it's how it does it and how it comes together.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
So the 6 64GB will be around £250 up front on a 24 month contact (£45ish per month)???

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Somewhat disappointed, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of innovation which is a shame.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't trying to come across that way sorry. If you like Apple you'll get what I mean then - it just works really well.

But you can't just say - android does the same - so it's no better, it's how it does it and how it comes together.

I do like Apple, I've had iPhones and I'm on my MBP now and have an ATV. Build quality is better but their phones have let them down imo. They've gone downhill and just played catch up.

Google Now is far superior to anything Apple have ever managed with Siri/Spotlight, that's just fact. The whole running/cycling/walking/elevation thing Google Now has done it for a long time and has doesn't require 3rd party hardware. Also it's more up to date with the UK. So Google Now knows I have a netflix subscription and Sky, knows which films/shows I've searched for and gives me news based on them, tells me when they are on and the channel, when I get an email notification about a parcel it tells me when it was shipped and the tracking details without having to go back into the email and check again.

There are a lot of things Apple does well though. The screens look better, the apps/phone is more intuitive, the phone itself feels better to use and handle. Unfortunately I'm more for the everyday features. Gaming etc doesn't bother me. I don't use anything like the full performance of my Nexus.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Forgetting your wallet is now a thing of the past.

Two years or so that will be great but not just yet.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
"And, as JLaw can attest, it's equally easy for your phone to be compromised."

haha loool

My apple mates make me die. Been constantly slagging off android phones as they are 'too big', but now all of a sudden, big phones are the best thing ever.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice phone, but it doesn't do anything better for me than my Nexus.

I can also see why people want one. Great screen, good for games and a decent camera, but I guess I have the luxury of just using my phone for mainly basic stuff.

My apple mates make me die.

That is the strangest thing anyone has ever said in the history of ever.

This apple Pay looks nifty.

I'm still waiting for the big OMGWOW moment, or have I missed it with this turd stream?