ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
With Apple Music, can you turn off the auto renew or have they disabled that?

I'm reluctant to give them and extra tenner a month lol

It's taking some getting used to I must say.

I'm not sure if it's because it's an amazing phone... Or whether it's just because I've not filled it with s**t yet but I'm loving how quick and nice to use it is.

I've had one or two little annoyances but I assume that'll be rectified in a software update.
Yeah it's no quicker than my 6 was. Apart from the fingerprint scanner.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I keep finding the open app in the phone mid way down the screen with a grey section above it.

Does anyone know what this is for and how to do it? I've done it a hand full of times by accident and can't work out how or why.

AK

M240i
I keep finding the open app in the phone mid way down the screen with a grey section above it.

Does anyone know what this is for and how to do it? I've done it a hand full of times by accident and can't work out how or why.
I've done it too a few times, no idea what it is, lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Had a quick play with 4K video and iMovie, I'm impressed at the quality and ease of use!

I think this will be a hit with media enthusiasts.

NOTE: turn the volume down, YouTube seems to have whacked the volume back up

I've done it too a few times, no idea what it is, lol.

I thought I worked it out a while back, then nope. I think they're just trolling us.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I haven't upgraded for a while... Everything was backed up on iCloud and iTunes.

I've lost progress on one of my games? How do I reinstate it???

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I haven't upgraded for a while... Everything was backed up on iCloud and iTunes.

I've lost progress on one of my games? How do I reinstate it???

I wasn't aware you could transfer over your games.

That Said, my old phone didn't backup to the cloud in over a year.

It's a lovely phone. Will be trying the video and camera tomorrow.

You need to go into the settings to allow it to record in 4K and 1080 (for slow mo recording)

Set both up tonight. They feel so fast.

Rose Gold is a hit with the ladies.

The ladies and adammm

Despite not being bothered about upgrading for a couple of months or so - My local Vodafone store had a signboard stating they had stock so I popped in and picked up a 64gb Space Grey. I always go for that as I don't personally like the white fronts you get with the other colours and I always rubber up so you never see the back anyway.

I wish I'd taken time to look over someone's 6 for a bit as I'm finding the height of the thing an initial frustration. As much as a screwed up tissue in the same pocket means it's sticking out which I will have to get used to.

Despite not being bothered about upgrading for a couple of months or so - My local Vodafone store had a signboard stating they had stock so I popped in and picked up a 64gb Space Grey. I always go for that as I don't personally like the white fronts you get with the other colours and I always rubber up so you never see the back anyway.

I wish I'd taken time to look over someone's 6 for a bit as I'm finding the height of the thing an initial frustration. As much as a screwed up tissue in the same pocket means it's sticking out which I will have to get used to.
6s or 6s+?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The extra height of the 6s is taking a while for me to get used to like.

I do love the curved glass over the flat 5s option... Although that's going to be negated by a toughened glass screen protector when it arrives.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Go straight in for a force touch. I.e don't beat around the bush and tickle it then press hard, go balls deep from the off

640.gif

AK

M240i

Got it!
Double tap on the home button, without actually pressing it (know what I mean?)
I think it's so you can reach stuff at the top of the screen without struggling.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Got it!
Double tap on the home button, without actually pressing it (know what I mean?)
I think it's so you can reach stuff at the top of the screen without struggling.

Thank you!

And that sounds right. I remember a friend telling me something similar when he got his 6 last year.

How long were you trying to work it out lol?

Reactions: AK
Maybe I'm using the phone too much, but the battery doesn't appear to be great.

79%
Usage : 1hr 41min
Standby : 2hr 41min

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've found a way of getting ages out of my phone, but only works if you have EE wifi calls.

If you've got a good wifi connection, put the phone in airplane mode and switch on the wifi, phone logs onto EE wifi calls, phone works as normal but doesn't use any power searching/maintaining phone signal.

Golf R/Leon FR
Having a few issues with my 6s, auto fill will not work no matter what I try and it won't back up to iCloud or iTunes.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else get a beep from their 6s when they make a phone call?

My volume seems to turn itself down all the time too

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've found a way of getting ages out of my phone, but only works if you have EE wifi calls.

If you've got a good wifi connection, put the phone in airplane mode and switch on the wifi, phone logs onto EE wifi calls, phone works as normal but doesn't use any power searching/maintaining phone signal.

Cheers, I'll give that a go.

I've not really used the phone this morning and it's consistently dropping in power even with power save mode on.

All of my apps are closed in the background and I've turned off background app refresh on some of the apps.

I've never had this problem before.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Anyone else get a beep from their 6s when they make a phone call?

My volume seems to turn itself down all the time too

Had that with my 6(volume turning down) been back to apple twice and it still does it they don't seem to know what it is.

AK

M240i
How do you find that.

I've tried to find it all day but can't lol

Edit: found it

11 hours 39 mins, but it's been on charge twice (both times gave it 30-40%) since leaving work at half 4.

Now it's on 12% lol.

I'm on 28%, Usage 5 hours, Standby 13 hours, no charges since this morning, lol.