ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
If you go into the battery option in settings it will tell you what's been using the battery for the last 24 hours or 7 days. Might be you have an app on there which is eating the battery.

In other news another five phones arrived at work today. All 64Gb ones, for the slightly-less-senior senior management. FFS! :angry: Talk about first world problems :tongueclosed:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Try a complete wipe and reload from iCloud, it doesn't sound right.

Sigh, if it's s**t tomorrow, I'll do that.

If you go into the battery option in settings it will tell you what's been using the battery for the last 24 hours or 7 days. Might be you have an app on there which is eating the battery.

In other news another five phones arrived at work today. All 64Gb ones, for the slightly-less-senior senior management. FFS! :angry: Talk about first world problems :tongueclosed:

It says it's chrome which uses the most lol... Because cs.

But I've got no background apps running usually.

128gb in a phone is obscene imo.

I've not even filled a 32gb iPad!

O Rly, how do you get the trackpad to work then?

Just touch the keyboard with two fingers. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 6, but it works on my iPad Air 2, so it's definitely not a feature exclusive to 3D Touch.

Not that 3D Touch isn't cool, of course. I'm sure it's awesome.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm selling my 6s and sticking with the 6.
This will be the first time I haven't kept the newest one. I like force touch but that alone is not worth it when I can sell the 6s for £750.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
@Knuckles hows the battery going?

In fact how is everyone finding the battery, mine isn't being delivered until next week and its my main concern.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is a 5S but iOS 9 has greatly improved my battery. Took my phone off charge when I went to bed last night and 8 hours later when I woke up it was still on 100%. Previously, on iOS 8, it would have gone down by around 20%. Current stats are standby 16 hours 40 mins, usage 2 hours 9 mins, with 52% battery left. I would have been looking at around 20% at the most before going to iOS 9. My actual usage of the phone hasn't changed at all.

Listerine & Poledo
Mine was similar when I put 8 on my 5.

It had 99% battery for days
Then 3
then 30
then 80

Now it doesn't power on ever

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@Knuckles hows the battery going?

In fact how is everyone finding the battery, mine isn't being delivered until next week and its my main concern.

Funny story. For whatever reason, it didn't charge last night.

So I plugged it into the iPad charger and car charger before work and it got up to 60%.

That lasted until 2pm, however I was watching some videos today.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines a 6, but still.
image.png

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Just touch the keyboard with two fingers. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 6, but it works on my iPad Air 2, so it's definitely not a feature exclusive to 3D Touch.

Not that 3D Touch isn't cool, of course. I'm sure it's awesome.

Doesn't seem to work on my 5S

Not sure if iOS or 6S, but I like the silent vibrate on messages now. Instead of the usual long vibrate, it pulses. Less intrusive when on my desk.

Golf R/Leon FR
The vibration is a lot quieter on the 6S compared to the 5S. That maybe due to it being bigger though. I tried the custom vibrate and changed back to default.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I got one of these today.

It's not too much bulkier than the actual phone, protects the silly exposed camera and the colour is a good match for the phone.

3BC84B1B-93D4-417F-9B5D-C163FED5172B_zps1sfkb4gv.png

C472D5AF-54FF-4C9D-93CF-26C0AC4FBC92_zpse0dutskx.png

The only downside is it makes it a bit awkward to open the control centre from the bottom of the screen. But it was £3.99 so I can't complain.

A shiny black one.
Just had mine delivered. Touch 3D is great, wasn't too sure how hard to press at first, didn't want to break anything.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Meh, it does the job and doesn't require screwing in like my last one.

It managed to complete another day without dying today... Letting it die then completely recharging it seemed to have fixed it