ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone advice for n00b (don't slate me or lock)

DCi
Just spoke to O2. Quite helpful for once.

I can either pay off the remainder of my contract (£327) and then start a new 18 month contract with an iphone (no) or I can get one on payg (new or used) and then phone them up and they will just switch me to an iphone tariff so I get the unlimited internet stuff, but I keep the same bundle as I have atm (free texts) for £35 a month, and then continue on my current contract, and then will be able to upgrade to the new iphone (what ever is after the 3gs) when that comes out.
wow.

that was more helpful than when i rang...

they said to me they could only give me the internet bolt on (which has a fair usage of 250mb pcm) and that it wouldn't completley work with the iphone.

i think im going to have to ring in office hours so i get to a english call centre at least

DMS

A thirsty 172
My 3GS easily lasts all day through normal use. Normal use for me involves having the Wi-Fi turned on all the time so I can connect to preferred networks (but Bluetooth turned off 'cos I don't use it), sitting on the throne playing Wild West Pinball for half an hour at a time at work, sending about 10-20 texts a day, showing off all the apps I've got to people who can't afford an iPhone, probably a few minutes of calls and the odd bit of web browsing and photo taking. Only really use the iPod functionality when I'm sat round waiting for something.

If I turn Wi-Fi off and turn off the automatic downloading of my GMail, then refrain from poncing around with it all day, I can easily make the battery last 3 days. Not sure how anybody manages more than that though.