ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone at last....

Streaming from my Mac to the TV is the reason I'm looking at it.
I can stream my music to it from my MBP, sat on sofa.. :D
yeah but i do that too through my airport express to my strereo. its nothing new or special.

Stream a movie to it. ;)
Also, the Apple TV just connects to your lappy.. so you get "front row" on the TV.. you could leave the Mac upstairs just on.. or, sync your favourites albums to the Apple TV and play them - think of it as a static iPod with movie support :p

Express is very good.. and certainly to be used aswell as an Apple TV not instead of!

Rav4
Bought one.

misses 10 top and bottom pixels and the quality does not look too good, specially on text.

As for the iphone, it does not support MMS !!!!!!!!!!

Yep I know i need a mini-dvi lead but can't you plug it into the LCD hdmi slot instead of the VGA input to get HD.

Sorry if it sounds a bit stupid but I have ordered an LCD and that is what I am planning on doing.

You need a DVI-D to HDMI cable:
http://catalog.belkin.com/PureAV_detail.process?Product_Id=282701

ex Clio 172 owner :(
What does this phone do that my Nokia N80 can't do?

I can watch movies on it using either RealPlayer or the much better SmartMovie.

I can play mp3's using the media player or the better LCG Jukebox.

It has a radio, 3gp (which the iphone doesn't), really good screen etc etc

I've got TomTom on it too.

I just don't get it.

Der Panzer
How long does it take you to switch between apps? I have a PDA at the moment and it's horrendous at times.

I've had a few devices with WM5 and Symbia based OSs and they're all pretty shocking really. Best of the bunch was the OS on my P910i, even that left a lot to be desired.

I’m interested to see if “multi-touch” is as good as Jobs reckons. I’ve found most touchscreen devices to be very picky and a pain in the arse to use at times; i.e. when blazing drunk.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
isnt this old hat now????

nokia n91 which is now a year old and they are bringning out an 8gb one.

8gb gud camera and wi-fi

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
What does Apple TV do that my media center 2005 PC connected to my TV, which in turn is wired to my router, which is wired to the NAS where all my music, movies, pictures are stored, can't?

Confused.

Der Panzer
It's also a marketing exercise. People will want to be associated with the brand. In the digital world people are fickle.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
hmm touch screen will be shite for texting, and i don't see whats good about this phone?

172 cup TT
Is Apple the company that actually make Apples? i heard thats what the company first invented 100s of years ago... mad stuff!