ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Battery Competition

So we all know the iPhone battery life is s**t. Yes?

I did a test this week. Turned off 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS when I wasn't using those services. I charged it Monday afternoon. Took a few calls short calls per day, and sent a few texts. Come Friday it was on 50%. Pretty impressive I think.

In other words, if you turn off the services you are not currently using, the battery life is very very reasonable.

I reckon I could make it last 7 days with calls and texts. No point keeping s**t enabled just in case you need it.

RMx

I've been hammering 'words with friends'* so I have no chance of mine lasting.

I leave it all on as it bugs me having to change things. I like my wifi to just come on. I have a dock on my desk and my bedside table. Doesn't matter to me when it goes down, but yeh, they aren't that bad if you turn all the non essentials off.

*download it, Roy. It's free and it's basically Scrabble. I'm SirRevels.

AK

M240i

I'm so s**t at it lol! I've not won a match yet!

(Even Sarah is beating me :(:()

I'm not bothered about it lasting more than a day tbh... i've got a USB lead @ work, a charger in the car and one in the house. It gets charged every night anyway.

Revels do you have a case? What docks work with a case?!

AK

M240i
Aye but the words you use are random as hell.

Pe? How the fcuk do you know the 17th letter of the hebrew alphabet?!

I leave it all on as it bugs me having to change things. I like my wifi to just come on. I have a dock on my desk and my bedside table. Doesn't matter to me when it goes down, but yeh, they aren't that bad if you turn all the non essentials off.

*download it, Roy. It's free and it's basically Scrabble. I'm SirRevels.

You need to remind me of this at a later date. I'm currently too hungover to listen. How are you finding Rome?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Just a little tip for people who hate turning s**t on and off if you've got a jailbroken iphone, it doesn't solve the issue completely but if you download sbssettings off cydia, your status bar at the top (with your battery icon etc) becomes a swipebar. Its appearance doesn't change but if you swipe your finger across it then a menu drops down and you can set whatever you want to appear on there for quick access, i have my brightness, wifi, 3g and bluetooth on it. Makes turning things on and off a quick 2 second job instead of having to go through all the settings. Theres also a respring button on it. Give it a go.

DB.

BMW 440i
My 3Gs lasts two days with moderate use/game play. :)

Suppose there isnt much point using the 3G etc unless when needed but meh, too much effort! lol

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Paul RN, it depends what you do with it, if you have tonnes of s**t running in mobile substrate etc then yes it hammers the battery, I haven't personally noticed a loss of battery life since i jailbroke my phone.

Six whole days and nights with calls and texts every day but nothing else and it's still on 18%.

IMO this proves that the iPhone does not have a s**t battery. More that it's so awesome that people drain their battery doing awesome things.

fiesta 1.25
I want 3g, wifi, gps etc or i wouldnt have bought it though. If your just making calls and txts then why do you have an iPhone?

Mine lasts a full day and if im using it alot it will probably run out before im home, it goes on charge everynight though.

DB.

BMW 440i
Six whole days and nights with calls and texts every day but nothing else and it's still on 18%.

IMO this proves that the iPhone does not have a s**t battery. More that it's so awesome that people drain their battery doing awesome things.

Lol, I say that to my gf when shes telling me how her blackberry is awesome because the battery lasts longer.

Yeah that's with s**t turned off unless I need it. I used wifi for the App store and BT for the car but that's about it. No doubt at all that full use will see a lower battery life. That's kind of the whole point. They don't just rinse batteries unless you're you're using all the features.

My car uses more petrol if I rinse it at every junction.